Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Are you a washaholic? I am! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/you-washaholic-i-am-38244/)

blueSS 08-10-2012 12:46 AM

Wow and i thought i washed my car too much xD I wash it at least once a week. Also compound/polish/wax every 3 months.

03SSLE 08-10-2012 06:54 AM

Hello, my name is Mike and I am a washaholic. My addiction was so bad at one time that I purchased car wash by the case. I prefer the premium blends, but sometimes I would buy the lesser quality products if money was tight and it was on sale. I found that there were consequences though. It didn't suds well to lift the dirt and I had to consume a larger quantity to obtain the same glow and state of mind I obtained with the more expensive washes. Because of that I now only purchase the higher quality brands. I have confered with a doctor about my problem but I was told that I am hopeless...but I already knew that.

Mr.Monte 08-10-2012 10:59 AM

im usually 2-3 times a week. its becoming a reallll b*tch because its getting so hot out the water drys up real fast and leaves water spots, so i have to keep respraying and making sure the entire cars wet until im ready to dry

SS02 08-11-2012 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 486000)
Hello, my name is Mike and I am a washaholic. My addiction was so bad at one time that I purchased car wash by the case. I prefer the premium blends, but sometimes I would buy the lesser quality products if money was tight and it was on sale. I found that there were consequences though. It didn't suds well to lift the dirt and I had to consume a larger quantity to obtain the same glow and state of mind I obtained with the more expensive washes. Because of that I now only purchase the higher quality brands. I have confered with a doctor about my problem but I was told that I am hopeless...but I already knew that.

Oh My God!

You have WMS!!!

The dreaded White Monte Syndrome!!! :rotfl:

You need to come to a WMS Anonymous meeting.

I was even thinking about getting white rims....omg:wtf:

Red Nightmare 08-20-2012 08:45 AM

Once a week with the monte..
Live in a complex so I really can't wash it without borrowing the parents driveway. The 5 minute drive is alot better than risking swirls from a car wash.

Possum 08-20-2012 09:09 AM

My name is Angie and I am a washaholic, suffering from WMS (White Monte Syndrome). I wash at least once a week and I've recently added an addiction: Chemical Guys' Citrus Wash & Gloss. I found it online for about $20.00 and the shine it leaves the car with is like a mirror! You've GOT to try it at least once.....I also have a stable full of Meguiar's products and Meguiar's Professional detail spray my body man gave me. For an even better detail shine, I use Zymol Quick & Easy Spray Glaze. If you want any recommendations on tire products, window cleaners, trim restorers.....JUST ASK, I've tried them all!

EnforcerDT 08-28-2012 01:06 PM

Whoa, i usually use the self-wash nozzle spray kind. I wouldn't mind getting to know how to manually wash myself. I nevr waxed or anything. So whats a good starting kit to do this sort of thing.

I just wanna wash for now, learn how to wax latr. What sponges or clothes are best, do i use a hose to rinse off the sudz?

01 Monte SS 08-28-2012 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by EnforcerDT (Post 490633)
Whoa, i usually use the self-wash nozzle spray kind. I wouldn't mind getting to know how to manually wash myself. I nevr waxed or anything. So whats a good starting kit to do this sort of thing.

I just wanna wash for now, learn how to wax latr. What sponges or clothes are best, do i use a hose to rinse off the sudz?

You've never waxed???? :eek:

zzapultimate 08-28-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by EnforcerDT (Post 490633)

There isn't much to learn about waxing.. literally wax on... wax off :rotfl:

Seriously though.. Just apply wax with an applicator pad or microfiber towel.. let it dry.. then buff it off with a microfiber towel. Simple as that.

gothkid 08-28-2012 07:34 PM

You all need to stop washing so much. Washing is very hard on your car, that where most of the scraches come from.