Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Stripe decals (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/stripe-decals-48748/)

ROBF 05-11-2014 05:21 PM

Stripe decals

Thinking of adding the stripe kit to my SS. Hood and trunk.
Any suggestions.

crazyzach722 05-11-2014 06:39 PM

If you did black stripes I think that would look good. Then plastidipp your wheels.

Bellyisis 05-11-2014 08:44 PM

I agree with Crazy... The black would be nice. But I would do the lower area( the inserts of the rim) in black plastic dip not the entire thing hmmm or even red

ohara 05-11-2014 10:36 PM

One of the member's on here, Damien is his name, but he goes by CrusaderSS recently did the stripe's on his car and they turned out amazing IMHO, he may be able to give you the dimensions that he used. I like how they extended down the back trunk lid as it just sets the look.

With the red base color I would probably go black on the stripes

Me personally I would buy new rims, as I am not a fan of the stock rims, but that is just me. Plastidip does wonders and you can paint the stock ones whichever color you like and from what I have heard it is easy to work with, and you can take it off if you don't like, so it is a great option if you want to keep your stock rims, but change things up for a relatively cheap price.

Crusader SS 05-11-2014 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Ken... My stripes are 3M vinyl from ebay, and run 11 1/4" wide... Also available are 14" wide I believe, but they are not OEM... As far as fitment, they are pretty close to the contours of our 6th gens... I would definately suggest a professional install as I witnessed the GM installer go through the paces for 3 1/2 hours, would not attempt myself... The seam for the rear HS spoiler is especially tricky... The kit itself was $60 and the install was $150... The kits come with enough material to do the roof, although, Chevy does not traditionally stripe it, and I also did not... As for the finish on the trunk, OEM has 2 installs, one to the bottom of the SS logo (mine) and the other to the bottom of the trunk... One of our members also cut it off at the spoiler, also looks very sweet... Good luck and let us know how it works out...:thumbsup:

PS - I would definately go black...

butch049 05-12-2014 06:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
ROBF check out auto trim designs Have nice stuff. Also get a pro to do it,

JuniorCar 05-12-2014 06:44 AM

While I do think black racing stripes and plastidip wheels looks good, its been done. Maybe white, silver - maybe gold with wheels to match? I also think it would look cool in matte red against the gloss

crazyzach722 05-12-2014 07:21 AM

I know Dbaldwin did white plasti dip on his wheels and he said they got dirty fast though. I think he said they cleaned up good though. Hopefully he may comment on this. Red would be interesting for the wheels with maybe the outside black. I dont know maybe something like Owens91 did or different even.

dbaldwin 05-12-2014 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So far White Plasti dip Is a PITA to keep clean.
But it loooks sooo good on the red car.
Attachment 13148

Mine is pearl white but it still gets dirty so fast. White SS stripes would look good IMO

ZIPPY02 05-12-2014 09:51 PM

Black gives a dark sinister look :bat:

White give the Johnny be Good look :eek:

Gold gives the effluent look :cool:

Silver gives the femmie look ;)

Don't do them yourself, unless you want a dent in your car from kicking it... :rotfl: