Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Reccomendations (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/reccomendations-42553/)

Leprechaun93 04-16-2013 10:14 AM

Reccomendations

Hey all, so now that I have a nice car I need to get into detailing. I'm looking for advice on which products I should get. I need to find a good shammy to dry the car, and I was also wanting to do a clay bar and wax on all my cars. What im looking for is which products do you all use/recommend for clay bar and wax. I shouldn't have a problem finding a shammy and something nice to wash with:rotfl:

zzapultimate 04-16-2013 10:26 AM

I use the Meguiers clay bar kit with good results. I usually follow up with their wax too :thumbsup:

MnteCrloSS47 04-16-2013 10:27 AM

I'm all Meguiar's products here. They work great

Leprechaun93 04-16-2013 10:28 AM

I've heard mainly good things from 2 brands, meguiers and mothers. I think later today i'll go pick up a good wash mit and a shammy. Only reason I don't wash cars at home is because of water spots.

Tadcaster 04-16-2013 10:54 AM

I love my Mother products!

Space 04-16-2013 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 543098)
I've heard mainly good things from 2 brands, meguiers and mothers. I think later today i'll go pick up a good wash mit and a shammy. Only reason I don't wash cars at home is because of water spots.

:rolleyes:
Hi `Keane, I also like the above products & they have always done a super `job...

You can avoid water spots if your Monte is in the shade & cool...You won't have water spots if you don't let the water dry on your Monte..

They also have many great products to remove water spots `if clay bars don't remove them...Good Luck..

*Please take b-4 & after pic's when you get your products & do your detailing....Good Luck

Also search below for past posts/threads on this subject...There's a ton of good infor from member's....:thumbsup:
Detailing(11 Viewing)
Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

NovaSS369 04-16-2013 11:26 AM

Zaino wax & Wizards quick detail for those in between waxes when you don't have time

Leprechaun93 04-16-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, Just picked up a wash mit and a 4 sqft. chamois, hopefully no more water spots. I see my loco autozone has Mothers gold clay bar kit and a meguiers one, forget which one it was. I'll probably pick up one or the other, then I just have to find a wax as well. Also, where is miss autozone?:rotfl: I want to complain about all the stuff they tried to get me to get.

gothkid 04-16-2013 12:14 PM

WAIT! Make sure it's a microfiber wash mitt. Also when you do wash your car use 2 buckets. You should also look into 2 grit guards, they keep the dirt down.

Instead of a shammy use the California water blade. It works very well.

IMO meguairs is better then mothers. Meguairs also has a professional product line.

Leprechaun93 04-16-2013 12:15 PM

It is a micro fiber wash mit, i'll have to look into California water blade.