Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Oxidation removal (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/oxidation-removal-53496/)

tweek 06-10-2015 03:40 PM

Oxidation removal

Ok everyone so Im dropping off the car on sunday to get detailed. They are going to do their 2 stage paint correction which will remove the oxidation, and they guarantee 80% swirl removal. When they did the test spot it got rid of all the swirls. Then once they are done with that they are going to put ceramic pro lite and 9h on the car which is a ceramic glass coating that protects the pain for 3-5 years. No need for detail spray or wax for 3-5 years. If I want to get fingerprints off the car I just dilute some alcohol and spray and wipe with a microfiber towel. Its going to take 2 days for this process. They are actually going to shoot a before and after video of my car. Im excited to do this as I have been waxing the car every week for several months now to prevent any further oxidation. This ceramic pro has 100% UV protection. I will post pics and the video when I get them. I should have the car back Tuesday night.

drivernumber3 06-10-2015 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by tweek (Post 665423)
Ok everyone so Im dropping off the car on sunday to get detailed. They are going to do their 2 stage paint correction which will remove the oxidation, and they guarantee 80% swirl removal. When they did the test spot it got rid of all the swirls. Then once they are done with that they are going to put ceramic pro lite and 9h on the car which is a ceramic glass coating that protects the pain for 3-5 years. No need for detail spray or wax for 3-5 years. If I want to get fingerprints off the car I just dilute some alcohol and spray and wipe with a microfiber towel. Its going to take 2 days for this process. They are actually going to shoot a before and after video of my car. Im excited to do this as I have been waxing the car every week for several months now to prevent any further oxidation. This ceramic pro has 100% UV protection. I will post pics and the video when I get them. I should have the car back Tuesday night.

I am looking forward to seeing all this. Question? I was thinking I read where you were looking to replace the hood with one that had a scoop, I am assuming you decided not to do that? Keep posting on the progress.

tweek 06-10-2015 07:55 PM

No hood scoop I'm doing this instead. If the oxidation was only on the hood then yeah I would have. I will get it evenually

Mels SS 06-12-2015 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by tweek (Post 665423)

You will absolutely love it it is awesome.

tweek 06-12-2015 12:46 PM

The only thing I don't like right now is the price. but I know im in good hands as they do a lot of exotic cars and the most expensive car they did cost $2.2 Million. And they even detailed the orginal Air Force One. so yeah its coming with a high price tag but will be well worth it.

ZIPPY02 06-12-2015 08:48 PM

Hey Chris, wow man you have to be going to the poor house all the coing your dropping on your Monte. So cool to see it is in great hands! Looking forward to seeing the end results. Sweet they are making you a video of it. :thumbsup:

plumbob 06-12-2015 09:01 PM

Hey Chris, does the process have a brand name? And if you don't mind me asking what is the cost? Just bought a black '03 SS I plan to fix n flip. Also, the previous owner buffed through the clear coat in places. Will the process do anything for that? Can't wait to see the vids. Your car already looks like glass! Hard to imagine what it'll look like after.

tweek 06-12-2015 11:59 PM

It's called ceramic pro. And just for the coating it's $800

Mels SS 06-13-2015 06:53 AM

The total cost for mine was 1200 with the buffing. My wheels was another 300

plumbob 06-13-2015 09:44 AM

Thanks guys. I'll take that into consideration.