Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Need help protecting my monte carlo (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/need-help-protecting-my-monte-carlo-60539/)

steven-taylor 02-05-2019 01:11 PM

Need help protecting my monte carlo

Hey members
I am soon leaving in 2 months and I would hate to leave my car unprotected outdoor. I was thinking on getting a good outdoor car cover for my monte carlo. Anyone can recommend an online company? I found many selling car covers but not sure which one to go with. Did anyone bought from www.carcover.com ? waiting for replies.

O-Five 02-06-2019 04:56 PM

Are you trying to prep it for long term storage? You want to protect your fuel system and engine internals. Sta-Bil has 2 products, both military grade technology. One to add to your crankcase and one to the fuel system. They are relatively new on the market. They will continuously release vapors 24-7-360 that coat and protect metal parts inside the engine and crankcase, Also the fuel lines and other fuel related parts. Leave it with a full tank of gas, this will prevent condensation from being able to build up in your fuel tank. They are the Sta-Bil 360 fuel stabilizer and 360 engine oil stabilizer. The oil one you have a hard time locating, but you can always get it off of eBay if you plan early. Follow the directions and you will have peace of mind about the car starting up when you return. I also disconnect the battery and add a solar powered trickle charger from harbor freight to keep the battery topped off. Also put my jeep up on jack stands to take pressure of the tires always being in one spot for a long period of time. Add a small container of Damp-Rid inside the car, this will absorb any moisture and prevent musty odors from forming.

I like the CoverCraft Industries car covers. Get one custom made for your car, tight fit then leave 2 windows down about 1/4" to let the interior breath and not get crazy hot if your car will not be under a carport etc.

steven-taylor 02-07-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by O-Five (Post 716136)
Are you trying to prep it for long term storage? You want to protect your fuel system and engine internals. Sta-Bil has 2 products, both military grade technology. One to add to your crankcase and one to the fuel system. They are relatively new on the market. They will continuously release vapors 24-7-360 that coat and protect metal parts inside the engine and crankcase, Also the fuel lines and other fuel related parts. Leave it with a full tank of gas, this will prevent condensation from being able to build up in your fuel tank. They are the Sta-Bil 360 fuel stabilizer and 360 engine oil stabilizer. The oil one you have a hard time locating, but you can always get it off of eBay if you plan early. Follow the directions and you will have peace of mind about the car starting up when you return. I also disconnect the battery and add a solar powered trickle charger from harbor freight to keep the battery topped off. Also put my jeep up on jack stands to take pressure of the tires always being in one spot for a long period of time. Add a small container of Damp-Rid inside the car, this will absorb any moisture and prevent musty odors from forming.

I like the CoverCraft Industries car covers. Get one custom made for your car, tight fit then leave 2 windows down about 1/4" to let the interior breath and not get crazy hot if your car will not be under a carport etc.

Mr O-5,
Thank you for the response. I am only trying to protect it while its seating outdoor… nothing else. I look at covercrft and I think there pricing is too high. I'm searching for something under 150$

The_Maniac 02-09-2019 10:48 PM

I remember before CoverCraft bought Wolf Automotive. I got the Noah fabric cover for my Monte around $150, custom fit and it works great. So good, I parked it outside one winter, accidentally left the passenger side window down, and despite the huge monsoon rains the car was subjected to, no harm to the interior.
But I agree, CoverCraft is a bit spendy. You might be able to search for a more universal cover using the Noah fabric and have some better luck. Just a thought.

OutlawJosie 10-12-2019 11:58 AM

I'm way too late with the reply, but try Empire Covers, I have a nice one for my '72 Buick Riviera Boat-tail that I paid maybe $120.00 for. The first one I got from them was too big and kept flying off, but I finally got it right.