Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   HUGE problem!! Need HELP! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/huge-problem-need-help-38145/)

blackmonte02 08-04-2012 03:02 PM

HUGE problem!! Need HELP!

I have a black MC of course and it has 140 some thousand miles on it...you could imagine just what the paint looks like :( I have tried a lot of different things to get the holograms, scratches and swirls out or just at minimum cover them up...I have come up with one thing, it is to buy a dual action polisher but right now i dont have the money to purchase that...anyone have any tricks or tips that could help me?! All responses are appreciated!

red04montels 08-04-2012 04:45 PM

really your best bet is to wait for a good dual action or orbital and buff it out, possibly wetsand and then buff.

Have you been using a compound or just wax?

blackmonte02 08-04-2012 04:58 PM

I have used scratch, swirlx, polish, cleaner wax, and carnuba wax....i have heard many good types of polisher but i dont know which one i was looking at a 3D High Definition one...

Habbibie 08-04-2012 05:02 PM

Save ur money then take it to a car wash and have them buff/wax/polish the car it costs about 100-150 but holly **** will the results be great if the car is never been buffed before

MnteCrloSS47 08-04-2012 05:16 PM

Take it to a detailing shop and have them do it, they got mine out.

RonBoySS 08-04-2012 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie (Post 484118)
Save ur money then take it to a car wash and have them buff/wax/polish the car it costs about 100-150 but holly **** will the results be great if the car is never been buffed before

After you make the investment keep out of the auto car wash as the brushes/cloth will put the swirls back in the clear coat.

There are many good sites for how to, I was introduced to Adam's polishes by the Junk Man videos on YouTube, do a search and you will get some great tips & recommendations to correct your paint.

Here is what I use, it is now officially endorsed by GM

Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

Good luck with whichever route you go, if you lived close I would be happy to lend you my Porter Cable or help you get it all shined up.

Habbibie 08-04-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by RonBoySS (Post 484121)
After you make the investment keep out of the auto car wash as the brushes/cloth will put the swirls back in the clear coat.

Thats y i hand wash my car even in freezing winter weather

blackmonte02 08-04-2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47 (Post 484120)
Take it to a detailing shop and have them do it, they got mine out.

I would but its hard to have money laying around when you are 18 and paying for college.....

blackmonte02 08-04-2012 08:02 PM

I also have never brought my car even close to a auto wash...i always hand wash it at least once and week and lay some wax on it every month or every other month..

MJClemm 08-07-2012 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by blackmonte02 (Post 484094)
I have a black MC of course and it has 140 some thousand miles on it...you could imagine just what the paint looks like :( I have tried a lot of different things to get the holograms, scratches and swirls out or just at minimum cover them up...I have come up with one thing, it is to buy a dual action polisher but right now i dont have the money to purchase that...anyone have any tricks or tips that could help me?! All responses are appreciated!

Clay bar! It's not to expensive and with a lil elbow grease and time.. Looks a ton better when done... Also, if you haven't buffed out a car before, you have to be EXTREAMLY careful when buffing.. I have seen people that didn't know how to do it and messed it up feast ! If you do it yourself, get some tips on buffing before you go that route. I'd pay someone to do it myself (well I'm a tad handicapped and can't do it, so...) good luck, post some pictures of it whe. Your done... Thanks,Mjc..