Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Evil Snow (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/evil-snow-31891/)

MonteMan92 11-02-2011 08:02 PM

Evil Snow

2 Attachment(s)
I just spent the day getting all the road salt off the monte. We had a crazy storm here on the 29th of october that dumbed 4 inches of snow and caused a huge mess. I was without power for three days and tree limbs were every where. I have never in my life encountered snow in october...but anyway. I gave her a good bath and then went over her with swirl remover and then paint sealant. I also took the hose and gave the underbody a good rinse. I totally despise road salt. I attached some pics...they aren't the best. I just took some quick ones with my phone....I just realized I left the hood popped lol. And I know....I know...I'm working on the wheels :rolleyes:

BlackRainSS 11-02-2011 08:08 PM

That is crazy about the snow lol glad to see shes all cleaned up though.

Leprechaun93 11-02-2011 08:16 PM

just washed the salt off mine and blasted some off the clear coat off the bumper, was very faded.

MonteMan92 11-02-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Monte04LS (Post 378384)
That is crazy about the snow lol glad to see shes all cleaned up though.

It is crazy lol. And it melted all most as quickly as it came.

MonteMan92 11-02-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 378388)
just washed the salt off mine and blasted some off the clear coat off the bumper, was very faded.

I hate salt. That's no good. I just had the whole car repainted like 6 months ago so I am hoping the paint holds up for a while.

xxtheshockerxx 11-02-2011 09:01 PM

looks good.....i hate snow

lougreen03 11-02-2011 10:31 PM

Yup it is that time of year again. I love it when you wash your car and don't even make home from the car wash and it's filthy again.

Leprechaun93 11-02-2011 11:35 PM

That was me today, was worried about water/ dirt the whole way home. got home clean though

dave78 11-03-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by MonteMan92 (Post 378382)
I just spent the day getting all the road salt off the monte. We had a crazy storm here on the 29th of october that dumbed 4 inches of snow and caused a huge mess. I was without power for three days and tree limbs were every where. I have never in my life encountered snow in october...but anyway. I gave her a good bath and then went over her with swirl remover and then paint sealant. I also took the hose and gave the underbody a good rinse. I totally despise road salt. I attached some pics...they aren't the best. I just took some quick ones with my phone....I just realized I left the hood popped lol. And I know....I know...I'm working on the wheels :rolleyes:

Looks good!! I hear you, I live in Northeast PA. We got around 10". Just cleaned mine up yesterday. I truely hate snow. The worst part is it's only October. Hope this isn't a sign of whats to come this winter. :eek:

ChibiBlackSheep 11-03-2011 12:32 PM

Mine is still pretty filthy. Hoping to clean it up this weekend.