Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Engine Bay Cleaned Up (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/engine-bay-cleaned-up-42441/)

Franks 03SS 04-10-2013 09:45 PM

Engine Bay Cleaned Up

6 Attachment(s)
So I decide to clean up my engine bay today, hadn't "detailed" it I guess you could say, ever since I did the swap. It wasn't even that bad, just dusty with some debris in between the valve covers and UIM.
I used simple green, and a variety of different sized brushes but first I removed my headlights, the trim piece that sits around the hood latch, CAI Lid & filter and also stuck a few bags in the intake tube so nothing could get in there.
After that I used a leaf blower to blow out any loose dirt, leaves etc. I then covered up my alternator and coil packs with plastic bags and sprayed everything down with a garden hose... Followed by the simple green, generously all over the engine bay.
I took my time scrubbing everything I could with the brushes and hosing down in between so that it wouldn't dry up on me. After about an hour or so of scrubbing I used the leaf blower to get everything as dry as possible so that I could use my CD-2 Engine detailer right after :) this stuff works Great if you like your engine bay to have that semi-glossy finish with none of the greasy look or feel... And lasts a good while too! You just spray it all over your engine bay... No need to wipe anything down as it'll settle real good on it's own :)

Anyways Here's a few pics of how it turned out...
This was before, hard to tell but it was a little filthy haha

Attachment 33051

And here are the after pics

Attachment 33052
Attachment 33053

And now with my Fuse box cover that Mike made for me, also my Engine cover that I threw on there lol As you can see, I removed all the underside foam/insulation so that it wouldn't stain my UIM :rotfl::P
So it's pretty damn clean from the bottom :)

Attachment 33054
Attachment 33055
Attachment 33056

monte carlo 3831 04-10-2013 09:50 PM

looks great man... I like the AAA battery you have....I need a new battery for my car and was gonna go with AAA, is it a decent battery?

Franks 03SS 04-10-2013 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 541620)
looks great man... I like the AAA battery you have....I need a new battery for my car and was gonna go wtih AAA, is it a decent battery?

Thanks Chris, it's been working great for the past few months and still is. It's actually a junkyard battery :rotfl: my old one went out and the guy at the junkyard is pretty cool so i only got this one for $15! Haha my cheap self :nono:
I'm probably going with with a Duralast Gold soon though

AwesomeSS 04-10-2013 10:04 PM

Looks great Frank!

zjerry 04-10-2013 10:08 PM

Looks Good , Nice Fuse box cover ..:thumbsup:

zzapultimate 04-10-2013 10:45 PM

Clean!! Nice work Frank.. it looks great :thumbsup:

PacerSS 04-10-2013 11:09 PM

2 questions:

1) Where'd you get that fuse box cover?

2) Why does it say L26? Because you have the manifold of an L26?

Leprechaun93 04-11-2013 12:02 AM

He has an L26 in the car, he did a swap a while back as his L36 went out. Looking good frank, lol at the Series II engine cover.

The_Maniac 04-11-2013 05:28 AM

As always Frank, great work :)
I almost think you should run without the engine cover. I just found that little foam ring around the oil cap has messed the clear coat a little on my valve covers. :(

ZIPPY02 04-11-2013 05:31 AM

Extra sharp Frankie.... Can see you have spent a fair amount of time under the hood. Nice finishing touches. I like your oil filler Bowtie cap too, pretty sweet.