Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Cleaning Engine Bay With Jax Wax (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/cleaning-engine-bay-jax-wax-52974/)

tweek 04-28-2015 10:56 AM

Cleaning Engine Bay With Jax Wax

2 Attachment(s)
Ok everyone so yesterday I deceided to clean the engine way Jax Wax Super Citrus and Shine All. Since I have super chevy show this weekend I thought I would do the engine early in the week. Super Citrus is a citrus based all purpose cleaner that can be mixed with water to adjust the strength of the product. I did not mix with water as I wanted it to be a powerful degreaser and it lived up to that. It got some crud off of the engine that Gunk degreaser couldnt get off a couple weeks ago. Shine All is a water based dressing for plastic vinyl and rubber. I sprayed this on the engine after I rinsed off all of the super citrus. There is a video showing this process and I followed the video. Only thing is I didnt use a high power pressure washer as I have LED lights in the engine bay and the bluetooth controller is in the engine bay and I didnt not want to mess that up. Anyway here are the results. I did not take a before picture though. I took 2 afters.

KingWord 04-28-2015 01:57 PM

looking fresh! what kind of cai is that? im in the market for one and I want the best one you can get,i don't mind cutting the bay a little to get it away from the engine heat

tweek 04-28-2015 02:24 PM

It's a K & N

ZIPPY02 04-30-2015 09:32 PM

It's getting closer... keep chipping away at it. I see some areas where Super Blue will work. Overall it is coming across really well. Pretty clean there Chris, waaaay better than when you first popped the hood I bet... :cool:

owens91 05-05-2015 07:53 AM

Looks really good I want to do mines but I was gonna take it to the do it yourself wash. And use their hoses. and not pull the trigger for extra pressure bit nervous tho

Dubstepticon 05-05-2015 06:26 PM

Helluva lot better than mine lol. Good stuff!

zjerry 05-05-2015 06:33 PM

Looks Nice..:thumbsup:

bfenty 07-23-2015 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice! I was about to post today that I want to get my engine bay cleaned up, as I've started installing LEDs under there. I've been using Simple Green and Armor All Tire Dressing, which is ok, but the valve cover and exhaust manifold still look kinda meh. Any suggestions on how to get them looking better? I'm thinking of painting the valve cover. Also, some of the paint has actually started to come off under there when I scrubbed it with a normal sponge. No idea what I'm going to do about that.

Attachment 36533

tweek 07-29-2015 08:53 PM

I have leds in my engine bay too. It's awesome. Can make any color I want

Tadcaster 07-30-2015 09:13 AM

Looks great!