Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   buying microfiber towels in bulk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/buying-microfiber-towels-bulk-43407/)

iMuf 06-08-2013 07:48 PM

buying microfiber towels in bulk

Hey everyone, So since I have decided to start up a detailing business I started getting some new stuff. I have already got a new polisher, I ended up going with the Griots Garage 6" random orbital. Later I will upgrade to the Flex 3401. I have also got a ton of different tools such as brushes and what not. Well now it is down to microfiber towels. I have a ton of towels now that are for my car. So I am looking at getting a bunch of new towels for other peoples cars. By chance does anyone know where you can buy a bunch of MF towels in bulk?

Facekicker 06-08-2013 08:50 PM

I've got a business of my own, unrelated, but I think I can help.

If you're looking long term and high bulk, your best bet might be a Chinese supplier.
Microfiber Detailing Cloth - Buy Strong Water Absorption Microfiber Face Cloth,High Quality Microfiber Antibacterial Cloth,High Quality Microfiber Cloth In Bulk For Multi-pu Product on Alibaba.com

Its easier to work on alibaba by using Skype for communication. Use the alibaba site to relay your Skype contact info and go from there.

ZIPPY02 06-08-2013 10:14 PM

Sam's Club and Costco both sell a somewhat large package of Micro fiber 16"x 16" towels. There are 24 to in the package for about $12.

ProForce Microfiber Towels - 24 count - Sam's Club

iMuf 06-08-2013 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 553590)
Sam's Club and Costco both sell a somewhat large package of Micro fiber 16"x 16" towels. There are 24 to in the package for about $12.

ProForce Microfiber Towels - 24 count - Sam's Club

I figured they did, I just hadn't gone there because I don't have a membership lol. Here is a question for you guys. Is a microfiber towel a microfiber towel? and by that I mean, if I get something like that from Sam's club is it going to be the same or pretty close to the same as if I spent a little, or in some cases a lot, more for just a couple?

ZIPPY02 06-08-2013 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by iMuf (Post 553593)
I figured they did, I just hadn't gone there because I don't have a membership lol. Here is a question for you guys. Is a microfiber towel a microfiber towel? and by that I mean, if I get something like that from Sam's club is it going to be the same or pretty close to the same as if I spent a little, or in some cases a lot, more for just a couple?

Well there are Ultra Plush Microfiber towels ay Sam's Club too. But all I use are the standard ones from Sam's Club and Costco on my car. Seem to be okay as far as I can tell. Cheap enough to rotate into different phases of cleaning and not worry to much about them. I bet I buy 4 to 6 packs a year. And the quality actually seems just fine for me. Does not leave swirl marks and such and I really try to keep my Monte in tip top shape.... :) See link below

GarageMate Plush Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - 40 Pack - Sam's Club

Blazed SS 06-09-2013 12:15 AM

I got the 144 pack from amazon for 58 $ they have been great . Better than the ones I got at my local Costco

Dubstepticon 06-09-2013 12:29 AM

For the love of God, buy American hahah.

Facekicker 06-09-2013 04:48 AM

Hey I was just looking from a business standpoint, not sure how many this guy is gonna go through. Also, pretty much EVERYTHING is made in China now, whether or not you buy it direct or not. I myself highly doubt the microfiber Costco or similar stores are US made, but hey I agree, if you can buy American. Being a business owner however, I can see that I'm in the same position as most others, manufacturing doesn't exist onshore anymore. It really doesn't.

edit:
link actually says mfg in China

lougreen03 06-09-2013 03:13 PM

If you dont have a sams club membership you can get them at walmart.com also. GarageMate Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, Pack of 40: Automotive : Walmart.com

One thing to be careful of tho is the tag. I had some cheaper ones that I picked up and they had a really still tag that could easily leave some marks.

RonBoySS 06-09-2013 03:21 PM

I don't think you really need that many towels, just wash them and reuse. I only use Adam's as they source everything they can made in USA. If you go with the cheap MF towels, get a few first to try out. Some with stitched edges can cause swirls so check it out first. Here is a forum entry discussing your exact question. Many on Adam's are professional retailers so a good site to learn from. Take a look at this thread might help you out. I have tried the cheap ones and they now are for door jambs & my ATV. Good luck and remember you get what you pay for.

I always said I'd never buy adams microfiber. - Microfiber Products - Adams Forums