Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Ammo Tire Mud Review (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/ammo-tire-mud-review-44044/)

iMuf 07-22-2013 07:57 PM

Ammo Tire Mud Review

Hey everyone, so recently with me getting ready to start a detailing business I have been purchasing all kinds of new products to find out what is easiest to use, what works best, etc. Well I got a product called tire mud that is made by a professional detailer, his name is Larry Kosilla if you have ever heard of him. He has his own line of products which for the most part are pretty expensive but are flat out amazing. I have tried a few of his products and I will try to make some good reviews on them all. This review is on the Tire Gel.

So where better to begin then price, It is $20 for what I believe is a 16oz bottle. I say, I believe, because it doesn't say anywhere. But it is almost the size of your standard shampoo bottle. So it's a little pricey but the product goes a long long way. I last put some on just about 2 weeks ago and even with all the rain NC has been having recently it still looks like the day I put it on. So at this rate I wouldn't run out of this one bottle for probably 5-6 months which is amazing. About 3 lines of product on an applicator pad is enough to coat a tire. And by 3 lines I mean 1 line, wipe on, another line, wipe on, and so on.

One other great thing about this product is how sticky it is, I tend to layer on tire shine a little more than some people because I like that nice shiny tire which with my black rims, helps create some contrast, and I have yet to run into any tire sling with this stuff. This product is also PH-balanced which is really safe on the tires.

Overall I have been very pleased with this product and I will continue to buy this product and I have decided to use this for my business. It may cost a bit more then most products but if a single bottle will last me a few months then that is fine.

I enjoy doing reviews like this, if there is anything I should add or that you guys want to know and I will be sure to put that in and alter my next review. Also if you want to have a look at the Tire mud you can find it here AMMO MudTire Gel | AMMO NYC

03SSLE 07-22-2013 09:09 PM

:ttiwwp:

Before & After shots? Comparison to brand X ?

solaris_vii 07-22-2013 09:58 PM

omg i love this guys videos, if i had the money id buy all the ammo products. bump for a great detailer, seriously check out his youtube videos ammonycdotcom

RonBoySS 07-23-2013 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 560334)
:ttiwwp:

Before & After shots? Comparison to brand X ?

X2, need pix....appreciate the review and pointing out product options. Worth a look, not sure I will sway from Adam's but you never know.

iMuf 07-23-2013 06:16 AM

I will most certainly have some pics up here very shortly. Right now the weather has been pretty bad. As soon as it clears up I will get a few good pictures

RonBoySS 07-24-2013 01:54 PM

I looked at the web site and it looks promising, won't likely change as I like the full correction line that Adam's has. Both companies are high end from what I can see. Good luck with the business.

iMuf 07-24-2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by RonBoySS (Post 560671)
I looked at the web site and it looks promising, won't likely change as I like the full correction line that Adam's has. Both companies are high end from what I can see. Good luck with the business.

Thanks, I appreciate it. One thing I really like about the ammo products is that things like the wax, both synthetic and carnauba, is layer able. Most waxes as far as I know aren't really all that layer able, and if they are they don't show. With ammo, you can put on the strong synthetic wax and then put on the carnauba wax to get that deep rich wet look that everyone loves from carnauba waxes. So you get the shine and the protection. Not sure if anyone else does that, but I have only tried 2 or 3 waxes so I'm not sure. But be it ammo, adams, or megs, they are all good products. One of my favorite sayings is "use what you like, and use it often". I heard that a little while back and now I will always use it haha. After I get my mufflers installed then I will start saving for a nice DSLR camera so I can take some good pictures of before and after for these reviews.