Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   2004 Monte Carlo exterior upgrades (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/2004-monte-carlo-exterior-upgrades-76/)

MonteCarlo04SS 11-24-2004 03:36 AM

2004 Monte Carlo exterior upgrades

What do you guys think of front blackouts and rear tailight covers? Im looking to dress the car up. I was going to do 20% tint all around, decided against it because I dont want any more bull **** with the cops. Im getting rainguards but nothing else as of now. Anyone else doing some cool exterior upgrades?

montejass 11-24-2004 11:54 AM

RE: 2004 Monte Carlo exterior upgrades

Hello 04SS,

Hell yeah, front and rear black out's sound cool. I've had my eye's on a set of the front black out's through PFYC. I do not much care for the rear black out's through PYFC because they are slotted, GTS makes a much better complete black out cover for the rear IMO...

TVW

MonteCarlo04SS 11-24-2004 04:22 PM

GTS makes complete blackouts for our rear? I didn't know that. Im going by PFYC. Are there any other websites with parts/performance/dress up parts? Im not gonna rice it out, but im gonna dress it up. Im lovin the front blackouts, Im curious how the rear would look. Got any pics of your car? Where are you from? Whats your modifications?

montejass 11-24-2004 05:40 PM

Hey Chris,

Here is a link to GTS for front and rear black out kits.
GTS Link

Here is a link to an active ebay GTS back black out cover as well.

Ebay GTS link

On performance mods here are a couple of links you may find of interest.

ZZP

I linked the one above to ZZP and it's free mods section you should check out first.

This is a link to 3800Performance.

3800P link

Intense-racing, you may want to wait for your warranty to expire to play here..lol But it's always nice to start your mod want list.

Intense Racing

I have collected a ton of other Monte & 3800 links, let me know what your looking for if your run out of goodies on the links above.

My mods have been limited so far. I've owned it for a little over a year now and it has kept me pretty happy. But here are a list of my mods.

1. Flows... 40 series..

2. Removed the honeycomb screen in the throttle body. You will find this mod on the free mod section of ZZP!!

3. Embroidered Monte Carlo SS floor and trunk mats.

4. Got rid of those pesky DLR's... I moved the photo sensor from the dash and tucked it in the dark.

That's about it so far.....

My location is Houston, Texas... I'll have pics of mine available the first of the year.....

I noticed your in the Jersey area right???

TVW..

MonteCarlo04SS 11-25-2004 11:04 AM

Happy Thanksgiving All

Hey Todd
Thanks for the great links. Right now im looking to modify the car slowly. See in NJ they bitch at the headlight/taillight covers so Im not sure if I want to go through that again, it was hell. But I definatly love them, maybe for a car show or whatnot. I would be dieing to put an exhaust on, but I dont think I want to do that with to the warranty, cause I'd get carried away. Im thinkin of the cold air box maybe from PFYC, The only site I've been on is PFYC and the ZZP website.

I like the DRL;'s, don't really have a problem. What color is your car?

montejass 11-25-2004 11:35 AM

Good Morning Chris,

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I know all about Jersey being a bitch, the company I work for has a facility in Elizabeth NJ close to EWR. I have spent quite a bit of time in the area up there.

My SS is the same color as yours... Silver....

I've heard the Thrasher CIA is a POS. Go with that fender well mount CIA, I have heard nothing but good things about it. Look at ZZperf free mods section on that throttle body screen removal. Although the performance increase was slight it was still noticable.

In regards to the exhaust upgrade. I have flow 40's on mine and it sounds great. You could also remove the resonator to get a little better sound out of it without messing up your warranty. Also, look at the u-bend delete as well on PFYC. It's worth about 5 - 8 HP....

TVW

DaleJr04SS 12-31-2004 07:52 PM

Chris.....are you from NJ? If so my condolences. Yes NJ police are complete assholes. If you drive a better car then they do.......they will go after you. 20% tint is legal on the rear windows only. Fronts you cant tint unless you have a doctors note. Here in Delaware, if you get migrains from the sunlight you can go to the DMV and get a form that your doctors has to fill out and sign. After that you go back to DMV and give it to them. Once that is done you can tint all windows in your car as dark as you want and it will pass inspection and cops cant say a word to you as long as you have that piece of paper.

Chris

benhillzone3 02-11-2005 05:35 PM

exactly what does the blackout covers do for the headflights? i have been watchign a lot of chat on them but i really dont know what they are exactly and what they do so if someone could help me out with that and give me a couple of answers to that question also i am interested in getting those monte carlo floor mats and trunk mat so where would i find those items at?

skidz84 02-23-2005 03:34 PM

first of all I put Chevy tips on my exhuast but they'er rusting out how do I stop this the problem is that I live in Ft. Leonardwood MO and drive every weekend to Bloomington, IL and the salt kills them.

second thing blackout light are just covers there not used for anything except dress up. I know in Ill you have to take them off after the street light come on or when it raining.

montejass 02-23-2005 08:21 PM

Skidz,

If they are already rusted out swap them with stainless steel tips. If they just have a little rust there are quite a few products on the market to remove, polish and protect chrome. However, this will be a routine maintenance item that you will have to stay on top of.

TVW