Vendor for sale section This section is for vendors to post information about new products, sales and other offers!

Wood or carbon fiber trim for Monte carlo interior and exterior

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor
Default Wood or carbon fiber trim for Monte carlo interior and exterior

With a help of Remin dash kits we can easily customize the interior without spending much money and time on dash refinishing or leather wrap.
Stick on Dash pieces are precisely cut to line up with every edge of your dash and made of synthetic or real materials.
There are custom templates for pretty much all Chevy Monte Carlo models so you can Choose any material.
Select the year model and check price here:
2007 Chevy Monte Carlo Dash Kits at CARiD

This installation video may be also useful:

Remin® - Deluxe Kit Chevy Monte Carlo 2006-2007 at CARiD

Remin® - Exterior Kit Chevy Monte Carlo 2006-2007 at CARiD

Dash kits for other models are also available here:
Chevy Monte Carlo Dash Kits at CARiD

They have about 40 materials and colors available for the dash kits. Which one would you choose? Remin Materials: Wood, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Aluminum

Read more about Remin products and check customer's feedbacks on our website: http://www.carid.com/remin-dash-kits/

Last edited by carid; 10-24-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Carbon fiber. I want to see it on the car!! And why would you show it on a honda instead of the Monte Carlo in the video?
When your trying to sell it to us.

Last edited by Mels SS; 07-25-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Carbon Fiber

I didn't much care for the Wood look so I did the Carbon Fiber. I purchased the Carbon Fiber material from a vendor on Ebay. it is Self adhesive. Remove your trim piece and clean it. Then cut the vinyl to a size larger than the trim piece then you can remove the backing, I placed just a light mist of water on the trim and I used a Hair Dryer to make sure it fit properly and there were no bubbles. You may have to through away a piece now and then but it should work out. This will make it look real cool!!!

Attached Thumbnails Wood or carbon fiber trim for Monte carlo interior and exterior-99on-022carbon.jpg   Wood or carbon fiber trim for Monte carlo interior and exterior-99on-023carbon.jpg  
Old 07-25-2014, 02:25 PM

10 Year Member

But dont you agree they should get a Monte not a honda

Old 07-25-2014, 04:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
But dont you agree they should get a Monte not a honda
With CARID's cheaply made products? don't think it really matters. Bought a set of headlights from them and they were falling apart while trying to install them. Had to hot glue some of the wires back in because they kept popping out with install. Had to re-seal them ourselves so they didn't fog up. They didn't come with bulbs so had to run out and buy some, you'd think for 190 bucks they would come with bulbs. The signal lights sometimes don't work at all. have to try to signal over n over again to get it to work.
Buyers beware

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 07-25-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:46 PM

On these interior pieces after a year the corners will start to unstick/peel due sadly to company's not using the proper glue in there product, in winters the temps drop to below -20f inside a car and in summer they reach as high as 200f. Not many glues are rated to that high of a fluctuating difference in temperatures, at least not on that type of application.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:07 PM

i think the reason its a honda in the video is that they cant make a new video for every single car. come on now, thats a little unrealistic :P

Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Keep in mind guys, I don't think CarID made the video (they added their logo to it). It appears to be made by the company that actually makes the kits.

I worked with CarID once for carpet samples and eventually ordering a Lloyd trunk carpet. They came to bat, got things taken care of with no problems.
Unlike PFYC who after 3 times could not get me samples, had no tracking number for the samples and told me they can't do anything further and began giving me the feeling that they were accusing me that someone else is getting my mail or I gave them wrong info (again for an order of samples that they did not have any tracking info on). PFYC failed, CarID winning!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:14 AM

10 Year Member

So the answer is to leave them alone!

Old 07-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
I didn't much care for the Wood look so I did the Carbon Fiber. I purchased the Carbon Fiber material from a vendor on Ebay. it is Self adhesive. Remove your trim piece and clean it. Then cut the vinyl to a size larger than the trim piece then you can remove the backing, I placed just a light mist of water on the trim and I used a Hair Dryer to make sure it fit properly and there were no bubbles. You may have to through away a piece now and then but it should work out. This will make it look real cool!!!

Hey, we want to admit that you did a great job. It's a full carbon wrap, and it requires good skills and of course time. If you were to go to a body shop - they would charge a you a lot for this.
Dash kits it is easier and much faster way to dress up your interior. It is a new laser cut technology which allows you to get precise overlays for your dash, so you don't have to cut or wrap anything and quickly install it by yourself.

There is another advantage of dash kits - they use real wood, aluminum or carbon fiber because they are flat. It is impossible to use those real materials while you wrap dash parts.

Plastic wood imitation, real wood or carbon fiber is covered with transparent layer of polyurethane. It gives a nice look to it and additional protection. Thickness is 1/8".

Quick Reply: Wood or carbon fiber trim for Monte carlo interior and exterior