Monte Carlo Forums

Go Back   Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Tires/Rims/Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Trader Rating:(0)
Yung Rich
Default Suspension Lift Questions

So I would like to lift my 06 monte about 3''. Last summer I used the spring lifters from auto zone. This summer I was wondering if there where aftermarket heavy duty springs I could swap my springs with and keep everything else stock. If there is some, any idea where to get them from?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

trewyn15 trewyn15 red04montels trewyn15
Send a message via AIM to red04montels Send a message via MSN to red04montels Send a message via Skype™ to red04montels

there's only some for the rear. You can get them from Monroe or other companies...

There's these from wbodystore.

Rear Heightening Springs

you'll only get about 1" from springs though.

What do you have that you need a 3" lift?

Just blocking the springs is going to lead to a horrible ride. I would suggest not lifting a monte at all.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM

Yung Rich

I had 24'' rims on my car with the spring lifters but i dont like the lifters. i like big rims.

thank you for your info.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM

ScarsNeverHeal13

I know its everyones own opinion and I for one don't car foe anything over 18s they just look ridiculous on a monte, but on a serious note is compromising ride comfort and possibly safety really worth having 24s?

2005 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged
1995 Dodge Stealth R/T
2000 Ford F150 XLT
Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Trader Rating:(1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01MoneyCarloSS View Post
I had 24'' rims on my car with the spring lifters but i dont like the lifters. i like big rims.

thank you for your info.

Just a guess, but you may have to LIFT and do some body cutting with those size wheels to fit. Personally, not the way I'd go. IMO you "lower" cars, your "RAISE" trucks.

But, to each their own. You have to pursue what you think will make you enjoy your ride and make it unique.
- 2004 Monte Carlo SS 3800 N/A See website for MOD List
- 2004 Grand Am GT SC/T - Current daily driver
Old 09-15-2012, 03:53 AM
1 Year Member

might be a lil outdated post but i just read it, i have a monte C on 24's its a 03; 3.4L . Basically what i have is a 5.5" lift (its considered 5.5" cuz of the spring rate being decreased etc) all i did was pay my friend to take off the struts front n back and weld the extended strut on. Also that makes the car sit high enough where i don't need to lift the car to do a oil change, plus it drives EXCELLENT. Very smooth, my alignment is mint, i have 245/30/24 tires with correct offset. I did not buy new struts, you need factory ones because of the thicker metal easier for welding ! He also had to trim the front fender (front side and rear side) plus rear quarter fender..front n back. It looks like stock he did a smooth job. Not even noticable. Also you have to remove the washer fluid resi and the inner wheel well plastics, plus theres a lil line of metal you have to beat in (youll see it on the inside of the front fender when you look) cuz if you dont it may dig into the tire... The more you lift the less you have to cut (as far as the fenders/quarter panel area). You are right though, you can just use the 10$ spring spacers from autozone/advanced and beat up the strut cup (so wheels clear) and install spring spacers on both front n rear, and you can put 4s on but you have to do more cutting since its not that high. Another downside is i have the actual correct offset (high offset its like 42mm) so i can only turn 35% both ways with the wheel because if i do more, it will hit the frame. I wanted this because i dont like it poking out it makes it look dumb in my opinion i can drive around just fine. I recommend you buy a lower offset rim (18mm-27mm) because it will make them poke out a tad so you can have full turning, but that also means you have to cut your fender/quarter more. It's definitely cheaper just to do spring spacers and more cutting, but its all up to you. Hope i helped...
Old 09-15-2012, 08:00 AM

Yung Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoE500 View Post
might be a lil outdated post but i just read it, i have a monte C on 24's its a 03; 3.4L . Basically what i have is a 5.5" lift (its considered 5.5" cuz of the spring rate being decreased etc) all i did was pay my friend to take off the struts front n back and weld the extended strut on. Also that makes the car sit high enough where i don't need to lift the car to do a oil change, plus it drives EXCELLENT. Very smooth, my alignment is mint, i have 245/30/24 tires with correct offset. I did not buy new struts, you need factory ones because of the thicker metal easier for welding ! He also had to trim the front fender (front side and rear side) plus rear quarter fender..front n back. It looks like stock he did a smooth job. Not even noticable. Also you have to remove the washer fluid resi and the inner wheel well plastics, plus theres a lil line of metal you have to beat in (youll see it on the inside of the front fender when you look) cuz if you dont it may dig into the tire... The more you lift the less you have to cut (as far as the fenders/quarter panel area). You are right though, you can just use the 10$ spring spacers from autozone/advanced and beat up the strut cup (so wheels clear) and install spring spacers on both front n rear, and you can put 4s on but you have to do more cutting since its not that high. Another downside is i have the actual correct offset (high offset its like 42mm) so i can only turn 35% both ways with the wheel because if i do more, it will hit the frame. I wanted this because i dont like it poking out it makes it look dumb in my opinion i can drive around just fine. I recommend you buy a lower offset rim (18mm-27mm) because it will make them poke out a tad so you can have full turning, but that also means you have to cut your fender/quarter more. It's definitely cheaper just to do spring spacers and more cutting, but its all up to you. Hope i helped...
Where did you get the extend strut from? Can you post some pics on how it was welded. Thanls for your reply.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
1 Year Member

STUMPMI

Quote:
So I would like to lift my 06 monte about 3''. Last summer I used the spring lifters from auto zone. This summer I was wondering if there where aftermarket heavy duty springs I could swap my springs with and keep everything else stock. If there is some, any idea where to get them from?
I see your from Detroit....
I am also from the detroit area...(downriver)
I gotta see this ride when you complete it...
Maybe we can meet up and checkout each others Montes???

Factory Ordered my 1999 MONTECARLO Z-34 (only 16,031 ever Produced) in/for 1999. The last model year for the Z-34 Monte Carlo!
2004 SILVERADO Z-71/2003 GMC CUSTOM SIERRA SLE
Old 09-15-2012, 09:53 AM

Yung Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUMPMI View Post
I see your from Detroit....
I am also from the detroit area...(downriver)
I gotta see this ride when you complete it...
Maybe we can meet up and checkout each others Montes???
Yea, that would be cool. I have a friend with the same monte as yours that rides with me.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
1 Year Member

STUMPMI

Quote:
Yea, that would be cool. I have a friend with the same monte as yours that rides with me.
He has a 1999 Z-34? sweet!

By the way Im in Taylor...

Factory Ordered my 1999 MONTECARLO Z-34 (only 16,031 ever Produced) in/for 1999. The last model year for the Z-34 Monte Carlo!
2004 SILVERADO Z-71/2003 GMC CUSTOM SIERRA SLE
Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 AM

Tags
01, 06, 2004, 2005, carlo, chev, chevy, duty, heavy, lift, lifting, monte, put, rear, spacers, springs, struts, suspension