Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

STUCK WHEEL BEARING! UGH! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 AM
1 Year Member
Default STUCK WHEEL BEARING! UGH! HELP!

So I started doing some minor maintenance with my 03 monte carlo 3.4. The problem is now that Ive removed the 3 bolts holding in the Wheel bearing, the damn thing wont come out. The wheel bearing assembly is loose from the Axle itself, so thats not the issue; its just siezed on. Ive tried tapping it with a hammer while applying pressure using a crowbar against the back of the wheel bearing in an attempt to pry it off slowly. Ive used white lithium grease (which i intend to wipe off after i get this off) into the shaft and on the back of the wheel bearing (in an attempt to loosen it at all) I bought a 50 dollar 5 ton PULLER, that shoots off fast once i have about 20 turns on it...Im about to use a blow torche on it today, Heat up the center and hope to god it slides off...Im running out of options at this point and i dont know if bringing it in will be any different...they will prob try the same stuff ive done for it. If anyone has any ideas let me know cause i need to get to work tonight and i hate asking for rides >_>. Ty much

Duncan~

Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Default RE: STUCK WHEEL BEARING! UGH! HELP!

Well it looks like the torch might be your only option
BUT the think i would do is apply the heat to the outer surface that is actualy holding it all in there the heat is going to expand the metel so if you heat the center it will only get tighter heat up the outer ring and a few hit with the hammer and you should be good to go

Hope i helped