Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Brake Dust

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 07:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by GTHSS
I have seen at truck in one of those sand traps too. It's gotta suck but it beats going off the side of a mountain.

​​​​​​Like you I take pride in letting the engine and transmission work for me both in braking and towing heavy loads. It's easier on the equipment.

Unfortunately even with minimal brake use these pads are making a mess. Hopefully I will change them and the oil in the SS this weekend. If it warms up some. 20's at night and 30's for the high make my shop very cold. Maybe one day I will insulate it. I have a kerosene heater but it doesn't help much.
Here is a little tip for working in the shop when it is cold.
Go get a piece of styro foam from the lumber yard 1/2 inch will do, you can even use the fanfold type that they use under siding, lay on that do you car work and you will remain nice an comfortable.
Works great While you are working on stuff.
Works in those 30 below times too.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I finally got around to changing the dusty front brake pads on the SS. I installed a set of Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads. They stop great. I am looking forward to keeping my wheels shiny again!

I also painted the calipers, caliper bracket, and non contact ares of the rotors silver. It looks much better. I had painted them blue and did not like it as much as I thought I would. After recently replacing a caliper and rotor I really liked the way new parts looked so I went back with Silver caliper paint. Now I need to do the rear as well.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Go with the Wagners, superb stopping when warmed up, no dust to speak of, ceramics "Thermo-Quiets"