Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

7th Gen ('06-'07): well this is how she looks so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:36 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default well this is how she looks so far

this is what I have done to my monte to make it look good to me hope every one likes what I did so far yes the first two things I did to my monte is tint and swap that shifter ball. the rest followed. plus having to replace the aluminum rims found those with one or two scuffs and buffed right out they look brand new yes I know there used taking a chance but better than paying 200 some thing for a rim. only 200 some thing for the tires that's all. the head lights and tail lights I did get from a salvage yard as well but could not pass up some thing that looks and are in better condition than what was on the car same way with the leather wrapped steering wheel. I could not pass that the cargo net and the trunk strap as well. to me it is a different car all together now and I am happy except the drivers seat I need to get that fixed other than that. it looks to me amazing and to me I like it even more on how subtle the things I did. it made it look to me so much better.

Attached Thumbnails well this is how she looks so far-dscn0060.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-dscn0080.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-dscn0089.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-dscn0090.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-dscn0088.jpg  

well this is how she looks so far-dscn0085.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-dscn0084.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-dscn0052.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-20160907_051636.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-20160907_051704.jpg  

well this is how she looks so far-20160907_051728.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-20160906_135207.jpg   well this is how she looks so far-dscn0050.jpg  
Old 09-11-2016, 04:09 PM
15 Year Member

well I guess it is not a show stopper I was just happy that it looks good for being a 9 year old. but at least it has some character

Old 09-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Nice ride!! I saw that you got some updated headlights that you added. Looking real good.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:23 PM
15 Year Member

thanks I need to detail it. I have washed it and tried to keep the interior clean as possible but I need to wax her again didn't have a chance to really wax her in a while

Old 09-15-2016, 09:25 AM

Nice; most people like to go for the '06/'07 headlights, don't usually see folks with those cars go back to the '00-'05 tails. To me, the tops and bottoms should have always lit up. Seeing that, I don't mind that style. I hate more that the tops don't illuminate with the bottoms on those previous models. Cool swap, kudos for making the car just what you want, no matter what!

Old 09-15-2016, 06:21 PM
15 Year Member

I have noticed some thing I swapped the harness off of my 07 tails to make sure they light with the parking lights plus the bottom works normally. like they should but it gives the back end more of a line break per say. some thing giving it a subtle look to the eye. the stock one looked to me more of a blend that didn't give it that much of a subtle look. like the 6th gen rear does as well as the led type. but it is some thing I noticed it looks good though. even though it is a different approach

Old 09-15-2016, 06:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

very nice looking Monte,
small details is what make it personal to us, the keep it stock crowd would hate the personalizes I have done, like the SS stickers on all the headrests .... but I like it, so it's mine. Congats on the little details you are doing to make it yours

Old 09-17-2016, 05:49 PM
15 Year Member

well shawn I would figure the ss would be considered as smooth and soft. but I do notice one thing I did get some complements from a state trouper when I got gas. he was getting ready to leave he noticed my monte and stopped and asked a few questions about the head lights how the wires got hooked up. plus he liked the 6th gen lights looked as well. I still had the 7mm in my car because I had to adjust the head lights that night I put the lights on. I showed him he took a pick on the wires for reference. he said his wife has a 08 impala and he has the same gen as mine but the ss. I showed him how the wires went he was happy. plus he said don't worry about the tint. but he did like the cold air intake and the upper strut braces. I told him about our forum to help him out about some questions about his monte. so he might be joining because he had a lot of questions about the power steering recall on the 3.5 impala and monte. if I had a issue I said yes two sheriffs and I going down a short stretch of highway off ramp. the three cars desided our lines broke so good thing there was two officers saying the same thing I did. but the one officer did bump me enough to bump the one in front of me I couldn't do any thing because of all the power steering fluid every where in the rain. all the damage was to the rear corner bumper and front left part of the bumper was pushed in a little. but now I need to fix the center part of my bumper because some one at work thought it was cool to park there car with there bumper resting on mine. messed up the paint he does not have insurance so paying out of pocket is going to suck

Old 09-17-2016, 07:57 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

well, that is a mixed blessing, good to be getting compliments and people asking how you did your customization .... but banging her up sucks
hope you get everything sorted

Old 09-17-2016, 08:10 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

are the tail lights with the orange/yellow ring the originals or are those the replacement the other tail light pic looks like the one I took, at night, they are crazy bright, lighting up all the signs behind as I travel

I don't get tailgated at night LOL