Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

ThatKevinC's '03 Monte Carlo SS Progress Log

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Changing the back plugs was not an enjoyable experience for me and most of the frustration was the boots welded to the plugs. What was I expecting for 150,000 miles on a set of plugs? So as little as I liked that job, I put in the iridium super plasma AC Delco (check the spot price for precious metals for cost estimate) plugs recommended here. Maybe in 5 years I'll have enough $$ to pay someone else to do it or man will have invented a robot plug changer.

See the amazing 150,000 mile spark plugs

Old 10-31-2016, 11:30 AM

Well, after over 7 months of storage, the car started and is running perfectly. It drove home as if it was never sitting to begin with. Filled the tank, washed the car, and checked the oil. It's still golden brown. I'll be changing the oil this week, when I bring the car for an etest since it sat.

I went out and took some pictures yesterday out of boredom. I made sure to ignore the driver side since the quarter is pretty damn bad and the fender rotted at the bottom where it was bolted to the car.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice fall shots! It's always good to see someone have pride in their ride

Old 11-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Brought the car for an etest this past Tuesday, and it passed without any issues. Had the oil changed at the same time. The car has been running fan-f*cking-tastic all week, so I'm happy.

Name:  20161031_170120_zpsighkybwb.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  191.5 KB

Last edited by ThatKevinC; 11-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:59 PM

It brings me great sadness, but the Monte Carlo is now gone. I came across a wicked deal on an '01 Impala LS and had to jump on it. I was about to let it go as a derby car to a friend, when someone came and bought the car. If I had money, storage, and time I would have loved to keep it and restore it for the sentimental value. Unfortunately, that's now how it works, and I am in need of a car that doesn't need as much work.

This is the last picture, right before the ownership was swapped into the new owners name. The picture actually doesn't make it look too bad, but in person is a different story.

Name:  20170103_163518_zpsyx8rh8ow.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  305.1 KB

Old 01-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by ThatKevinC
It brings me great sadness, but the Monte Carlo is now gone. I came across a wicked deal on an '01 Impala LS and had to jump on it. I was about to let it go as a derby car to a friend, when someone came and bought the car. If I had money, storage, and time I would have loved to keep it and restore it for the sentimental value. Unfortunately, that's now how it works, and I am in need of a car that doesn't need as much work.

This is the last picture, right before the ownership was swapped into the new owners name. The picture actually doesn't make it look too bad, but in person is a different story.

This is a nice ride for sure, it's always a shame that the cars get the rust on the body, but this is a problem when the roads have to be treated to be able to drive on them.
Why doesn't someone invent a product that would be economical and be able to treat the roadways and not eat up the cars?