Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

Dale Jr #2081 resurrection thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:06 PM

Slow progress this year. Didn't get much done. The passenger seat wiring has been back together and the seat installed. We just recently stole the entire front suspension from my Monte and installed it in this car because it was easier and cheaper than buying and installing new hubs. (Tranny went on my '02, forward drive band) We may be pulling the rear suspension as well to do the same swap. Need to test drive it first.

High sport kit is mounted on the sides but not the front or back yet. Those clips are difficult to get in place and may require removing the bumper cover to do it right.

That's about all that has happened this year. It is running and driving though! Not registered yet.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dang, I almost forgot about this place.
#2081 progress has been excellent. The suspension transfer from Gib's now deceased white Monte is complete. I re-rebuilt the supercharger, located a good one with a healthy rotor pack. Reattached the snout I redone and polished up the new case. Once that was done, I wound up registering soon after!
Had to scrap more Monte parts, resonator back has been changed.
Blew a huge hole in the first week. Couldn't drive over 60mph without the floorpan burning.
Once fixed, I think I fell in love. It's quiet. It's smooth. Mostly quiet.
​​​​​​its being my daily commuter until spring. I'm very happy about how it came out

Old 02-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes, quiet is good. You must be gettin' old like me!

It has been a while, but members do that. Forum's in general are sort of a thing of the past I think, but not for me. It's great to hear you and the car are getting along. I can't believe you are still working on it, but I guess it's sort of complete if it is on the road now. You'll probably never stop working on it if you truly love it

Old 02-19-2017, 08:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Yes, quiet is good. You must be gettin' old like me!

It has been a while, but members do that. Forum's in general are sort of a thing of the past I think, but not for me. It's great to hear you and the car are getting along. I can't believe you are still working on it, but I guess it's sort of complete if it is on the road now. You'll probably never stop working on it if you truly love it
It still has a few things left over, bumpers need a repaint, gotta get a radio working. I do plan on selling it.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Happy to hear it's road ready and working well for you! I have a project car I aquired that has not gone as I expected, so I can understand surprises.