Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Wow, not very motivating

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Default Wow, not very motivating

Went to the track last night with my boys, there was a stock 04 Monte there running low 17's, high 16's. I'm in no hurry to run mine now. Unless it's a test and tune type deal and I have some go fast mods I can get done while there and get before and after numbers.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Default RE: Wow, not very motivating

and those wheels wont help you at the track much either...are you NA or SC?

Old 09-07-2005, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

and those wheels wont help you at the track much either...are you NA or SC?
I don't think my photoshopped 18's will hurt my 1/4 mile performance a bit

Old 09-08-2005, 02:41 AM

Hey Rich! Dustin here from PDXCGP! How's it going? That stock LS Monte that was running 17s was a rental that Doug got. His Grand Prix is having problems with the torque converter and he didn't want to miss out on the final round of bracket racing for the season.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 76MonteMan

Hey Rich! Dustin here from PDXCGP! How's it going? That stock LS Monte that was running 17s was a rental that Doug got. His Grand Prix is having problems with the torque converter and he didn't want to miss out on the final round of bracket racing for the season.
What's going on Dustin?! Ah, you seen my sticker and decided to come check it out huh? LOL.

Yeah, I know it was a rental, but the only difference between that car and mine is mine is heavier, especially with me in it. But I'm gonna run it a couple times before I do any mods to see what it does. I definitely won't be running mine as much as you do yours, you're hardcore out there man. You ran damn near all night! You got at least, what, 8-10 passes?

So did you order your torque converter? I know you said you were getting a humming and vibration ever since the runs last weekend. And do you plan on showing at the Dornbecher(sp) show on the 17th? I'm not gonna show, my car isn't anything special, but I may come out to support the club and check out the show. Oh yeah, there's some racing going on afterwards too, right? Think you car will be fixed by then?

Old 09-09-2005, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I definitely won't be running mine as much as you do yours, you're hardcore out there man. You ran damn near all night! You got at least, what, 8-10 passes?

So did you order your torque converter? I know you said you were getting a humming and vibration ever since the runs last weekend. And do you plan on showing at the Dornbecher(sp) show on the 17th? I'm not gonna show, my car isn't anything special, but I may come out to support the club and check out the show. Oh yeah, there's some racing going on afterwards too, right? Think you car will be fixed by then?
I ran 12 times, lol! That's the most I've been able to run. I wanted to break into the 14's, which is why I ran so many times. I don't think I'll be running more than 6 or 7 from now on. I haven't been able to get a converter yet. I don't think I'll be getting one for a couple of months. The transmission seems to be running good besides the vibration and hum from the converter (which occurs between 2500 and 3000 RPM). I have a couple bills to pay and other things I need to take care of before the converter problem. I'll more than likely have to work on the 17th so I don't plan on going to that show.