Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Rookie season is over and did not finish dead last!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 11:55 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Rookie season is over and did not finish dead last!!!!

Well, the 2014 racing season is over here in Indiana and I do have good news!! My goal for the year was not to finish dead last. There were eleven of us in the Sportsman class this year and I managed to finish tied for tenth!! Of course there were several "could've, would've, should've's" throughout the season, but THAT is racing.
I was OH SO CLOSE to breaking into the 14 second range but just did not get there. Best 1/4 mile ET was 15:040. Considering that I started the season out as a 16-17 second car, I am extremely happy with my progress!!
Now, I sit and ponder the improvements I would like to make to the car (other than to the driver)...LOL It's quite a list and I will probably be posting quite a few "How do you do this" posts...hahaha My kitchen table has car parts all over it that I have acquired during the season. Here are a few of the things I have on my "to-do" list:
-remove front/rear seats
-install racing seat (already have seat..using it as a playstation seat at the moment...LOL)
-install electric fan/toggle switch25amp(already have fan)
-remove existing fan
-exhaust glass packs (already have glass packs)
-replace wheel cylinders/brake shoes (already have parts)
-aluminum for firewall to close heater core hole
-change intake and thermostat(already have Edelbrock dual plane Performer aluminum intake)
-electric water pump drive (in wish list from Jegs)
-373 gears

Old 11-03-2014, 12:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Barbara:
Congrats on your accomplishments this past season!
It sure is nice to hear/have a women on the forum in the racing game!

Please keep us posted on your improvements and future accomplishments... Sounds like you have a plan in place and much work to do!

Congrats on your improved times as well as meeting your goal of not finishing last!
Thanks for the update as well as being a part of the MCF Family!
Wishing you Continued success with racing your Monte Carlo!

Old 11-03-2014, 12:44 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks David! I had a blast this season and I am most definitely looking forward to next season. I was the only female racing in the sportsman class this year but hopefully we have more next year as I talked to a lot of women during the season who said they would love to try it. I hope me being out there gives them the motivation to at least try it.
Yes, I have ALOT of work to get done over the winter. And LOTS of learning as I go. My reading used to consist of Stephen King in my spare time...now it is Chilton's and Hayes...LOL And of course, the Monte Carlo Forum!!!