PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 6th / 7th gen. trunk lid liner foam blanks

Old 03-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 6th / 7th gen. trunk lid liner foam blanks

Hello, had a few of these made up as I needed one for my Monte's trunk project. Figured since I had to pay for the computer CAD time and production costs that I may as well have a few additional made up in case there were some members who would want to do their own personalized trunk liner.

A fair number of cars tend to have these as a way to complete their trunks presentation at car show events and such. So I had 20 made and when their gone thats it. People can buy ones custom made for them but it stretches the pocket money thin for some members at $250 to over $450.

So for about $100 I will make my own, could do it cheaper, depends on how thrifty you are acquiring materials you will be using for your liner. I paid full retail at a craft store, but I bet one could go to a thrift store or root around your wifes closet for old material and make something pretty cool.

So anyway I had some of the trunk mats made and some of the chevy Bowties which I will include at no additional charge if you want one of them.

I'm asking $40 for a panel, free shipping. Going to put these on eBay for $60

They are made of a pretty dense 2lb foam, so they can take some handling and not get all beat up. The edges will need to get sanded back into a curve with 60 grit and then 80 grit for a nice radius finish, will make the material easier to wrap over the panel face and glue to the rear.

Anyone interested get a hold of me here. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 03-26-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Greg, that's fanatstic... I'll pm you my co-ordinates... Thanks,

Old 06-27-2014, 08:16 AM

Do you still have any of these? And how do they attach to the underside of the trunk?

Old 07-01-2014, 10:57 AM

Anything?

Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Default I am also interested

I am also interested. Or if your not doing it any more. How about the blue print? Are you willing to sell that?

Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 PM

Crusader, did you ever get a reply?

Old 07-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello guys, I do still have these available for sale. Never completed mine as of yet. I did have it partially completed and mounted for the GM Nat's.

I epoxied the magnets to the reverse of the panels in select locations where the trunks metal surface was not so recessed, some magnets I double stacked and it works just fine for me. I had a panel years ago, and mounted with the factory velcro and on very hot days the velcro would release and the panel would be on the trunks floor board when I opened the trunk. Taz had the same thing happening to his too. So now I just used JB Weld and they just stay right in place even on the hottest of days

Sent one to Damien "Crusader" and Josh "Scarlette". Hope all went well with the panels for them or they might still be working on them. I asked for any information on fitment issues so I could know if people would like them. Am still waiting on their input. Yet mine fit just fine, so I have to only assume theirs would and did too.

I don't think you will want a template, but perhaps you do. it's just I had the original made from 1 pound styrofoam and they were just to soft and difficult to shape. Had the remainder made from 2lb styrofoam and they shape so much easier and do not dent so readily either. When I get motivated they will go on eBay, right now they are only available on the forum. Think any foam you may get would be 1lb unless there is a foam shop where you can go get a sheet of 2lb dense foam from.

Mounted panel with magnets

Metal disc clad circular magnets from Home Depot, top are double stacked

Old 07-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Default I'm very interested

I want one please. Cost? Actually a template would be best I feel. I have a multy colored Monte Carlo. I would like to make one to match of my own design. Is this possible? I like the way yours fits compared to other lid covers. Now to find a heat liner for the inside of the hood that can handle designs.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Greg. Sorry I haven't been on much lately, life has taken us for a bit of a spin... I received the liner in perfect condition... Can't wait to start on it... It is solid and sturdy and with the magnetic fastening method should be very easy to install... Thanks again Greg... Greg please pm me so we can settle up... Cheers,

Old 08-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Default bump

bump!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Sale: 6th / 7th gen. trunk lid liner foam blanks