Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

right blinkers not working properly? please help also no tail light on right side

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Default right blinkers not working properly? please help also no tail light on right side

i had after market blinkers in the head lights LEDS and the blinker flash pattern would be normal for 2 blinks the after that it would blink fast as if i had a blinker bulb that was on the way out the door. now if you didnt install the equalizer power adaptors, which i did not, the product would make the vehicles blinkers have this fast paste pattern. about 3 months later, my tail light in the passenger side rear blows out. replace the bulb (which both tail lights are normal bulbs) and now both the bottom and the top TAIL LIGHT bulbs light up when you turn the lights on, however, the bottom bulb, (which shows indication of brake and turn signal) does not brighten to indicate when i am braking or have my turn signal on correctly. the left side works fine

....POSSIBLE SOLUTION.....

so i swapped back to my original blinker bulbs just now to see if that would help. now the left blinkers both front and back have a NORMAL flash pattern. the passanger side however blinks normally for two rounds then fast again. the brake light in the rear passanger side still does not intensify to show braking or turn signal. the only thing that would cause it to be flashing fast would be the LED signals or a bad bulb but the bulbs, (which are all STOCK BULBS) are brand new. i find this to be very weird.

coincidence?....

at the same time i noticed my passanger REAR brakes and REAR signals out (front worked fine except for the different flash pattern) my TRUNK RELASE button would not work. inside the monte and on the key fob. when you hit the key fob button the lights turn on and the rears flash as they should (but with the LEDS in the head lights as directionals, and with the normal bulbs in the head lights as directionals, the passanger rear would light up BOTH BULBS but again the bottom bulb which indicates signal and brake by intensifying and brightening, would not work. the drivers side rear no problems)

has anyone had this happen? i think the prob with the trunk is the BCM because i found the trunk wire that comes out of the BCM and gave it direct 12v to test the latch mechanism and the latch pops straight open. i believe that the signal is getting sent to the BCM to open the trunk (as all the lights flash as the should minus the rear right tail light) and the BCM is not sending the signal OUT to the trunk to open

my montes my baby and is now becoming my show piece here and i look like an idiot going to big indoor shows with a tail light out or a string hanging from the back seat thats tied to the manual release pull tab in the back to open my trunk.

any help would be VERY APPRECIATED THANKS FOR READING ALL OF THIS i know it was long lol. any questions on how ive done all my work feel free to ask.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 PM

turn signal switch is probably bad. clean the contacts before you replace it if u can. but idk bout this model's switch particularly

Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM

turn signal switch? whers that located?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 PM

multi function switch. left of the steering wheel. the lever u use to make turns. do wipers. high beams. ..

Old 09-14-2011, 08:46 PM

everything else works tho? its pretty weird i found out that there is a bullitin for monte and impalas in 06 and 07 for the BCM i wonder if anyone on here has the same problem