Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Rear Wheel Drive build thread, It is happening..

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by P343
I just checked and it appears to be a photobucket issue. The links to the photos are still there when you mouse over.
You might need to go in to photobucket and just make sure the account has not become inactive.
How do I get there Barbara?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Question Check it out ?

http://www.photobucket.com/
above for Mel
==========================================
Below for Sam's RWD Monte S.S.
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...ssv-sam-55567/ Click

Old 03-01-2016, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Supercharged04
Yes that's the car. Obviously my memory was wrong in recalling the details and I apologize BUT that is the car I was talking about and it's pretty awesome IMO

I Personally believe that the Monte is in fact Rwd though. This guy has a few vehicles for sale that are completely custom. If you click the shinearide link he has a custom duramax swapped truck. Easiest way to figure it out is go look at the car. It's in mt. Sterling Ohio lol

If you take a look at the vehicles and boats This guy has in his garage, I have no problem believing he handed someone a ton of cash and said make this thing rwd lol

Im sure you guys have seen this video before but if not it just proves it can and has been done
2000 Monte Carlo SS made rwd - YouTube

Holy Sh*t that is awesome!

SIDE NOTE: This custom frame project is going to be amazing! HOWEVER we can't crack on this guy who apparently did a RWD vert' doing doughnuts... WHO WOULDN'T?

Old 04-23-2016, 10:53 AM

Looks to be an awesome sleeper. any progress to show?

Old 04-23-2016, 08:37 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RWD restart

No new progress yet. Spoke to the shop just yesterday and we are only now a few days from restart. The shop has had some personal shortages but have overcome that and the 2 jobs ahead of mine are now complete. I should be getting some pictures soon. Believe me I am as anxious to post something new as well as get this project going again. Getting tired of burning the rubber off my current car and its front wheels - its time to spin the back ones now. Thanks for the interest. Sam

Old 04-23-2016, 09:29 PM
Cool >Hi Sam<

Hi `Sam, it's great to see you online with a update. You are a patience man, but good things are worth waiting for Tell them to hurry `up (lol). I do hope that they hired some talented people to work on your Super Super Monte. You sure are going to have a one of a kind that will be show & `Go.

Wish you Good Luck and we will be looking forward to your updates & what's happening in your life...

Oh, I'm curious What do you drive now while your Monte is in for a major modifications...

Sure hope we see you online more often.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:56 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sam,
It's been awhile since we've spoken and I can see that you've definitely been busy! It looks like it's going to be another winner for sure. I can't wait to see the results.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:08 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Replies

Greg: Nice to hear from you - I am glad you haven't forgotten me. Yes, I have been busy but mostly with work - my tech out in Utah promised me that my build should have a restart date very very soon. - Myself it has been killing me that no work has been done on it for a year. IT'S KILLING ME!! Anyway I am sure there will be more updates soon. How have you been - well I hope. I take my other baby out in a week or so for the summer - and I can't wait to do that. Found a new friend here locally who is in the same business as me and loves cars. Mostly Mopars - but just the same - we will have some fun together. Stay in touch -

Mike: So you know I have 2 Monte's one FWD and the other soon to be RWD. My D.D. is an '09 Impala (160K+ miles) - love those W-bodys.
I have owned 4 Monte's still have 2 and I have 2 Impala's now. Guess I like Chevrolets
You guys will all be the first to know when pictures are available. They will be posted right away.
SAM

Old 10-23-2016, 02:55 PM

Would love to see what the current progress is and where it stands. Definitely looking at doing my 07 SS so following yours to see how, and what problems were ran into. Any recent updates or pics?

Old 11-19-2016, 09:54 PM

Interesting thread! I'm wondering what, if anything, anyone has done as far as a RWD conversion using the stock unibody/subframe setup.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Rear Wheel Drive build thread, It is happening..