Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Plasti dip ground effects questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 12:06 PM
1 Year Member
Default Plasti dip ground effects questions

Im thinking about plasti dipping the ground effects on my monte in a few days but i have some questions! First, how long does it last and does it stay on good without peeling? Also does anyone have any pictures of what one looks like with it plasti dipped? Ive only seen SS versions with it but I would like to know about what mine would look like

Old 10-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have mine done with black and it is still on the car and looks fine. I have had mine on for like 6 or 7 months. I had to do little touch ups but that is simple since it is just plasti dip. I like the look of it but I think I am going to do mine with glossifer instead. If you look at my picture below it can give you an idea or go to my pictures. I would post a pic but I am on my iPod.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:36 AM

heres a shot of my monte with fresh dip, not black but kinda gives you and idea. if you are gonna do it with a rattle can i suggest taking off the bumpers and the skirts clean them CLEAN them, prep work it key. prep work is key. prep work is key. clean them good with and all purpose cleaner, then wash the toughly (scrub the **** out of them) with dawn dish soap (dawn will get all the wax and dirty off the surface so the dip sits correctly) if there is any wax or dirt on there it wont sit right and dip is know for pulling away from the car where there was a spot of wax. (happened to mine in a lot of spots). make sure the surface is dry dry, if you can get some pre dip spray and wipe it clean. ohh yeah after you wash it with dawn IT WILL LOOK LIKE ****, if it doesnt you didnt do it right, i say this because it will look dull and faded if there is no wax on it which is good in this case. wax = shine/gloss. and if you can do it in whats called halo efx coating, it is 1million times better than dip. but dip will get the job done. if clean and prep is done right it should last you 4-5 years, halo lasts even longer. one more thing make sure you do alot of coats wait 5 mins between each one. and do about 10-12 coats. alright sorry for all my ranting and telling you what to do. take from this what you want, good luck and it should look pretty dope tbh.

Attached Thumbnails Plasti dip ground effects questions-img_2126.jpg  
Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 PM
1 Year Member

I already did it and it dried too quick... So when I pulled the tape off I was very sad because it pulled off some of the dip and made it look rough....

Old 10-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is the one bad thing about plasti dip when doing it in lines. As soon as you put the dip down you have to take the tape off the car so it doesn't peel the dip off later. I pulled the tape off as soon as I was down putting my coats on then took it right off And it worked perfect. You could always just re do it since plasti dip isn't to much.