Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

My Quick Paint Shop Paint Job!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Default My Quick Paint Shop Paint Job!

This is my paint plans for my MC! Also the rims I MAY use. They are kinda modern rims. Tell me what you think.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:17 PM

i think that would look good but hopefully the paint shop does a little better job staying in the lines lol

the rims are nice personally i like black rims something like this maybe

Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 AM

nice design. my opinion if i may, swap the colors. the curves on the top allow the blue to "flop" more. darker colors are usually picked for the bottem due to them getting dirtier more at times. either or it looks interesting!

maybe have the shop paint the lip of the rims blue?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 AM

looks like a great idea. i would use the rims you have there or something similar but paint them black with a chrome lip on the outside. keeps more of a stealth look to it, but it's all what YOU like. just my opinion. either way it's gonna look good!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:15 PM

Thanks guy. I thought following the lines with the tw o tone would look good. I added a orange line to seperate the colors. I think it looks good and gives it a sharper look. Both look good. I think maybe a blue paint lines some where on the rims would look good aswell.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:45 PM

i think its time for you to go pro designer :p

Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 PM

I like the color combo and the paint idea... Imo i would go with the black rims as well and the ones white04monte with the blue would look really cool with ur paint idea..

Old 09-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the color combo, but with a thin pinstripe red/orange line separating the colors.

Love those paint shop rims! Go with those. just kidding.

I don't know if the rims you posted in the first post would really fit in with the look you have going. I would go with the rims white04monte suggested.

Something I've always said about rims on cars...

In my opinion, they need to look proportional to the car. Too big or too small looks bad. On the 3rd and 4th generation Monte Carlos, I would not go any larger than 17" at the absolute biggest. In my opinion, 18" and over starts to look "wrong" for the car. The 06 & 07 Monte's can get away with 18's (in fact they come with them), but not those 80's Montes.

But that's just my opinion.

Your paint scheme looks good. If you or someone was to do a really good photoshop version, it may help you make up your mind better.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:09 PM

NVM, im tarded..

Old 09-07-2009, 11:19 PM

Yeah my paint shop skills are sick. I mean that in the bad way lol. I do love the color idea and yes if I do add the orange to seperate it will be ALOT smaller. As for rims Iwant something clean and fast looking. 5 stars have never been my taste. I found a pair of corvette rims in jegs Ilove. They are 18x9s. I think 18" is as large id go. Unless I keep the drag race them then its just some weld prolites

Quick Reply: My Quick Paint Shop Paint Job!