Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Illegal tint with note??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 02:54 AM

Here in Florida, there is law/regulation on the darkness % on your windows. not sure the % but passenger cars have a % for front windows and a lil darker % for the rear,but for aesthetics most people tint them all the darker rear %, but the shop will not put the sticker from shop on the door sill if you do! Limos and private livery cars have a different standard that can be a darker %. there is also a law of if and how far down your front winshield tint strip can be.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

look what I found
Tint Laws

It tells the % laws for every State

Old 07-25-2016, 06:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If that's the case then I'm breaking the law for PA they want 70% all around and nothing for the windshield 20% all around and 35% on the windshield

Old 09-03-2016, 11:56 AM

in florida it is 35 or 40 I am not sure but when I got my tint put on at the dealer they limo tinted the whole car. I did get pulled over though got a warning saying the frunt two needs to be lighter than what they are. but the officer was glad to see when I pulled over I lowered my windows before he even got out of the car so he can see in while walking up. I told him I rather be us to be safe that's why I pulled so far over into the grass on the sholder to give him more room and if some one needed to hop off to the side no one would have to worry either. what I mean pull all the way over as possible windows down no matter what.