Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Dash removal

anyone know how, or know a link to a guide for removing the dash on a 03 monte?

all i want to remove is the bezel that goes around the steering wheel and radio section.

any imput or advice is appreciated!

thanks

Old 07-13-2009, 06:19 PM

here you go:

first pop out your ignition trim with a flat screwdriver or plastic panel tool.

second pop out your fuse access panel on the drivers side and theres a screw holding the dash panel on about 4 inches from the top of the dash, remove this ( oh and by the way all the screws are 7mm)

next open the glove box theres a screw here also and you can see the dash trim being held in place. remove

next lower the lower dash panel by the drivers pedals, theres two quick release tabs to do this

theres two more screws remove these, to remove this part of the dash below the steering , unplug your trunk release switch once you have this piece removed ( its also has pressure pins )

now the fun part,put your key in so you can move the shifter all the way back, now turn the ignition back, the key will only go so far. doing this helps the dash clear when removing it. i put the key only in the ignition.

now the fun , just kidding on the last one.

grab the lower part of the dash under the climate controls and pull gently, the dash has pressure pins so it will take a little bit to get it going.

once this starts coming of just work it around gently, it wont break believe me ive had mine off lots of times.

the part of the trim around the steering area you need to grab the top pursade it out around the steering.

the only thing plugged into this is the hazard button once you remove it this far.

hopefully this works, and dont be afraid its easier then you think.. just take your time

Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 PM

i know its been awhile since this was posted, any way there it is

Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL

2.5 hours is not "a while" don't worry, we aren't a MUST HAVE information in 20 seconds or we COMPLAIN type of forum

We are very chill, and we take our time and give thorough good answers. Great write-up too.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:37 PM

i was going to delete that post but lost my connection on-line. thanks by the way

Old 07-13-2009, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01-ON-AIR
i know its been awhile since this was posted, any way there it is

Thanks for the quick response, great write-up too!

it sounds fairly easy to do, if i can remove the center console it sounds like i can definitely do this.

i will let you know how it goes!

thanks again

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 PM

It is pretty easy...just don't forget to re-connect your hazard lights, cause you won't have any turn signals or hazard lights!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

just to ad little caution on the hazard switch. JUST MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG IT FIRST BEFORE PULLING OFF THE DASH!!. cause if you forget to unplug and start pulling the dash off you will rip off the hazard switch off from the dash, other wise you will end up using plastic epoxy to stick back on. super glue does not hold well trust me!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 PM

well i just did what silverbullitt told us not to do. i was in a hurry to check some wiring from when i installed my new headunit and ripped that sucker off. broke off a little tab thing on the lower left of the dash too, but it seems like it didn't do much anyways. now my hazard button is looking ****-eyed and sad in my dash. i'm gonna have to epoxy it back in place next time i get a chance. good thing i've never use hazards.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:41 PM

never say never!

Quick Reply: Dash removal