Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Another Why the **** Did GM Do This Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Another Why the **** Did GM Do This Question

I parked next to an 04 Intimidator SS tonight, and walked around both cars and did a comparison/contrast for the first time since I bought mine. Some things pleased me very much--I'd forgotten how much they revised the rear bumper cover. But one thing really pissed me off.

I despise my fog lights--they look like cheap aftermarket crap that I installed myself. The '04 has factory-looking, rectangular lenses. Since (as so many of you here keep commenting) they went cheap on the '06 mods, why didn't they just keep the same fog lights?

And was it really that hard to remember that Pontiac fogs were round, and Chevy fogs were/are rectangular?

Old 12-16-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by 96z34man
I parked next to an 04 Intimidator SS tonight, and walked around both cars and did a comparison/contrast for the first time since I bought mine. Some things pleased me very much--I'd forgotten how much they revised the rear bumper cover. But one thing really pissed me off.

I despise my fog lights--they look like cheap aftermarket crap that I installed myself. The '04 has factory-looking, rectangular lenses. Since (as so many of you here keep commenting) they went cheap on the '06 mods, why didn't they just keep the same fog lights?

And was it really that hard to remember that Pontiac fogs were round, and Chevy fogs were/are rectangular?
Coming from having w-bodies of Pontiac and Chevrolet Nope! Although my Impala doesn't have fogs, I did like them; my 02 and 04 Grand Prix had them. I'll probably add them or get another Impala as an extra car that is an LS or SS.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 2006 mods?