Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, August 2, 2015 >Happy Sunday<

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:36 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Sunday, August 2, 2015 >Happy Sunday<

Name:  MCFJJbanner2.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  38.0 KB
Member's Blog

Sunday, August 2nd, 2015

to the
Monte Carlo Family
The Monte Carlo Forum is a stress-free/fun automotive family zone.

Please don't hurt with your posted words!
Your words paint the picture of you.
Show respect ~ Get Respect
If you have NOT read our Monte Carlo Forum rules, please click the link below and
enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum experience.
Welcome & Forum Rules
^ ^ ^

August 2015

Winner
Name:  trophy-1.gif
Views: 14
Size:  2.3 KB

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
Congratulations
Matt
MCF Member: 06mistreSS
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Winner
Name:  trophy-1.gif
Views: 14
Size:  2.3 KB
Congratulations
Devin Galler
MCF Member: MnteCrloSS47
Vestal, New York
Name:  500_zpsfxlgcupa.png
Views: 15
Size:  325.3 KB
2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo S.S.

What are you doing today ?
Post what is happening in your life, family, hobbies, cars, etc...
We are online 24/7
Make a post and let us know that you checked in TODAY
* Please welcome our new member's to our forum & `Blog.

Any member can start the MCF `Blog after midnight (12 AM EST).
Just copy & change the date
(Check with Staff for any other changes to our Blog)
Thank You!

Today's MCF Blog started by
P343

Attached Images
File Type: gif
trophy-1.gif (2.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-02-2015, 07:51 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good morning MCF!!
Wow yesterday was a long day at the track and I am exhausted.
Got up the staging lanes to make my first elimination run and my ignition cylinder seized!!! Steering wheel locked and no key movement. And there I sat because I had earned the bye run...OMG I was livid!!! If I could have gotten the wheel unlocked I would have pushed it through the timing lights just so I did not have to forfeit my bye run!! LOL
2 hours later I had my steering column all torn down to get the locking plate out (did not have a puller) and the ignition cylinder out. Tore it down and put it all back together right there at the back of the staging lanes....LOL It now has NO locking plate and now starts with a fancy key that closely resembles a pair of needle nose pliers!!! LOL AHHHH that's racing..hahaha
Hope everyone has a great day!!! I think I will just lay here on the couch and rest and figure out how to wire a toggle cut off and electric start button!!!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone....

Not much new here. Wifey want s me to detail her car today. Have to take the Deuce into the shop Monday. Seams she has caught the Tranny problem that plagues our 7th gen Montes.

Started acting up on the way home from the Nats - So now I have to invest some non-fun money into her :-(

Have a great day! I am going to crank up the Tunes and make momma's car look pretty again

Old 08-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone

Sorry to hear about your luck at the track Barbara but stay positive

Tad not fun with the tranny issue's I had my run in with mine last christmas and it was the worst time of year for that to happen lol, but it's all fixed up now, so hopefully yours can be fixed relatively cheaply and easily

I will chime in with bad news number 3 lol, as things always seem to happen in 3's we got all set up for our usual long weekend at the campground gig and thankfully had two tents we were playing under and just started to run through our amps getting the levels straight and just about to fire up the pa so we could set the levels on the microphones and bam thunder and lightening hit very suddenly, we even got hailed on, it was a torrential downpour for about 45 minutes, but thankfully we were able to get everything covered up for the most part, then when it stopped we moved inside their building and finished out the night. Even got a request for Pink Floyd and there was a family there from the Netherlands who were up and dancing so it turned out to be a good time.

There is a car show down at the waterfront today I may venture down to see what is going on, but I am also booked again to play tonight for a corporate gig which is nice, they rented an entire hotel for the weekend and we got the call to come and play on the way to our gig last night, so of course last minute bookings the price goes up

Hope everyone enjoys their day

Old 08-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by P343
Good morning MCF!!
Wow yesterday was a long day at the track and I am exhausted.
Got up the staging lanes to make my first elimination run and my ignition cylinder seized!!! Steering wheel locked and no key movement. And there I sat because I had earned the bye run...OMG I was livid!!! If I could have gotten the wheel unlocked I would have pushed it through the timing lights just so I did not have to forfeit my bye run!! LOL
2 hours later I had my steering column all torn down to get the locking plate out (did not have a puller) and the ignition cylinder out. Tore it down and put it all back together right there at the back of the staging lanes....LOL It now has NO locking plate and now starts with a fancy key that closely resembles a pair of needle nose pliers!!! LOL AHHHH that's racing..hahaha
Hope everyone has a great day!!! I think I will just lay here on the couch and rest and figure out how to wire a toggle cut off and electric start button!!!
So did you do the Danica walk on the Track or didn't you have time? lol
FYI there was a segment of gears that they installed a push button ignition on a car recently. Not sure how much they cost or if you are allowed to use it. However it was interesting?
Good luck on your repairs.

Got home and all the grandkids were here so that was fun, everyone has gone home now time to relax, and maybe work on the Monte a bit.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:03 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks Ken. Oh I am positive. Easy fix from this point forward. Got the new cylinder this morning.
Drivernumber3-No time. Pushed the car back to the end of staging and started ripping into the steering column trying to get back into the race if possible..I had no time to pout or throw a fit like Danica!! LOL Jegs has a wonderful push button ignition package with cut off. But since I still need all of my lights to function because it is roadworthy, I still have to put the cylinder in to power the lights,etc otherwise I must re-route all of my electrical to the cut off..not enough time for me to get that all done by Saturday.
I will have this fix done by the end of today because the rest of the week several of us will be at a fellow racers house doing an engine swap because he threw a rod. It too will be done by Saturday for double points night...lol

Last edited by P343; 08-02-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:46 PM

I just bought another ss a 87 this time now to go get it lol

Old 08-02-2015, 08:36 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi all - went to Ricky Muellers Dog & Pony show today - won a top 60 award - have no idea how many cars were there - I'm guessing a little over 100. There were some nice rides there - older cars took best of's in I think all catagories. Was hoping for best Ford but I'll take a top 60 any day.