Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.

Well we went to my daughter and Son in laws for Christmas in Colorado Springs. They never know what to get for me. But have come up with some great things in the past. One that I have not been able to collect on for 3 years just because I can't seem to get them time to go out and do it. That was a Horse Back ride through the Garden of the Gods in the Springs area. But this year we went to the Magnum shooting sports center facility put a link in for that too. The note in the present said go a shoot a Machine Gun Wow! so here is a video and some pics and my target. The Machine Gun is an MP5 almost like being in a Die Hard Movie ha,ha

Magnum Shooting Center | Indoor Colorado Shooting Range

Click on the Video to see me shoot?!?!?

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...1&d=1484413506

Attached Thumbnails So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.-img_0045.jpg   So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.-img_0051.jpg   So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.-img_0047.jpg   So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.-img_0053.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0055 (1).mov (4.05 MB, 15 views)

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-14-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ha! I am the anti-gun stick-in-the-mud guy on The Forum. I am always speaking out against them. I just see no need for them in my life. That being said, that looks like a good bit of fun there! It sounds pretty cool in the video.

It's not like I have never fired a gun. In fact, I have been quite reckless with a rifle in my youth (stuff I wouldn't recommend or repeat). The idea of renting one at a shooting range is brilliantly responsible fun IMO. Sort of like the difference between street racing and driving an actual race car on a closed course

Old 01-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

That looks like a blast drivernumber3!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:54 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Got my gift from Santa last night.
My 10 bolt 8.5 came back from Moser Engineering with new 33 spline racing axles, full spool, and 3:90 gears. Trick Chassis rear springs and Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable rear and front drag racing shocks!!
Got my other parts ordered today to complete the rear end swap and then I will be busy removing the stock rear end and putting this one in!! I will probably have to have the driveshaft shortened by about an inch and I will be putting on new u joints and a drive shaft loop!!

Attached Thumbnails So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.-img_20170114_205022.jpg  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Wink

Originally Posted by P343
Got my gift from Santa last night.
My 10 bolt 8.5 came back from Moser Engineering with new 33 spline racing axles, full spool, and 3:90 gears. Trick Chassis rear springs and Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable rear and front drag racing shocks!!
Got my other parts ordered today to complete the rear end swap and then I will be busy removing the stock rear end and putting this one in!! I will probably have to have the driveshaft shortened by about an inch and I will be putting on new u joints and a drive shaft loop!!
Gonna be some fun for sure, but you have work involved too! Lol You gonna make that 11:second 1/4 mile this year??

Old 01-14-2017, 08:15 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

No 11 second 1/4 yet.., shooting for mid 13's this year!!
Yes, I know I have a lot of work to get done...lol
I think I will gather all my racing buddies and do a cook out/work on my car day!! LOL
Looks like you had a blast at the shooting range!!

Old 01-14-2017, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Ha! I am the anti-gun stick-in-the-mud guy on The Forum. I am always speaking out against them. I just see no need for them in my life. That being said, that looks like a good bit of fun there! It sounds pretty cool in the video.

It's not like I have never fired a gun. In fact, I have been quite reckless with a rifle in my youth (stuff I wouldn't recommend or repeat). The idea of renting one at a shooting range is brilliantly responsible fun IMO. Sort of like the difference between street racing and driving an actual race car on a closed course

Well I enjoy it for sport I haven't been hunting for several years I would sooner do that with a Camera.
But I have been an instructor and have had adults and kids in my classes.
If you attend my class you learn safety first! Every class has a safety class prior to shooting anything.
I have a certification in Archery, pistols, and Rifles.
But I leave nothing to chance with my instruction.
Most of the folks that would visit someone in a rural area would be up close and personal with a firearm. So it is natural that a young shooter would want to look at them. They are always loaded.
If you want to look at one fine. You ask for permission? If the owner says yeah go ahead? you still can't touch it! The owner needs to pick it up clear it and make sure it is safe! If not leave it alone.
When I was in the Military I Qualified with several firearms (aka weapons) I only use that word if you plan to kill with it.

My son in law thought I probably had never shot a Machine Gun, however I shot several of them. They will walk on you as you can see in the Video it will raise up just a little. That's why I wasn't going all in on the thing.

A few years ago I worked a Bar at a wedding, bartender. So little did I know the Groom had been one of my students. This was a redneck wedding. lol The groom brought 5 mounted deer heads to the reception from hunts he had and the Tux's were Camo and even the Bide and her entourage had Camo sashes. So during the head table intro that they always do this kid recognized me as his instructor and said to everyone that all those Trophy heads were because of the way I taught him.

Here is a crazy thing? my first Rifle was a Remington and I got it for my 16th Birthday I lived in California at the time. My parents ordered it from the Spiegel Catalog and it came to the front door in the Mail.
It's fun stuff I don't want to have anyone get hurt. But I am not gonna let them get me either.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

So my Grandson came along and he got to shoot my AR-15-22. Kind of awkward to see him shoot because he hasn't got the proper eye dominance right yet. But hopefully he will learn with a few more times at the Range. I was trying to show him the proper way to sight but he was not taking any of my advice. Must be like his mom. lol

Attached Thumbnails So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.-img_2236-1-.jpg   So What did Santa get you all this year for Christmas?? Check this.-img_2237.jpg  
Old 01-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
[B][I]So my Grandson came along and he got to shoot my AR-15-22. Kind of awkward to see him shoot because he hasn't got the proper eye dominance right yet. But hopefully he will learn with a few more times at the Range. I was trying to show him the proper way to sight but he was not taking any of my advice. Must be like his mom. lol
You still have that instructor mentality engrained in you, he will come around with you there guiding him.

You have a very nice shot group from the MP5 target. You kept it pulled in tight to your shoulder, great muzzle climb control there SFC! I don't want to be down range from you popping caps at me.

I rented an MP5 at a range here, did a lot of pray and spraying from the waist just to get familiar with it when there is no time to aim. A lot tougher to keep a tight shot group. Have to keep your arms tucked in and rigid turning your body not letting your arms move about. When I was on the pistol team I spent a lot of time "snap" shooting. Holstered .45, draw, point and fire. You would be surprised how often one does not hit the target at all. Over time I got pretty good at it, once did a snap shot and hit a shotgun shell placed over a stick from about 25 feet, I was like YEAH!!! Now what...
Now I have not shot my weapons for years, all just oiled and tucked away. SAD...