Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: SATURDAY, 8/23/2014 - Check In -

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning' all. The weekend is finally here. After a quick last minute detail to the Monte today I'm going to go negotiate with the dealer about how much trade in I'll get towards the '14 Camaro 2SS I've had my eye on for a couple weeks. It sports a 6.2 (460 hp @5900rpm), Tremec 6 spd manual transmission and 3.45 limited slip gear ratio out back. If we can't agree on a fair trade in price I'll probably put the Monte up for sale and sell to a private party so I can get top dollar for it. Enjoy your weekend everyone,

Old 08-23-2014, 08:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome back space

Old 08-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Question We only get one human life...What if ? EnJoy!

Thanks Name:  Admin.png
Views: 9
Size:  1.9 KB `Jason for your welcome back home to the MCF
Originally Posted by Mels SS
Morning all and Glad to see you have come home Space. We all missed you.
Going to a car show today to spectate and be with friends. Have fun guys.
Thanks `Mel, it was great to hear your good news about your health. Bum`Mike had faxed me about it. A reminder to enjoy every second of human `life... Wish you good health & happiness

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Good morning' all. The weekend is finally here. After a quick last minute detail to the Monte today I'm going to go negotiate with the dealer about how much trade in I'll get towards the '14 Camaro 2SS I've had my eye on for a couple weeks. It sports a 6.2 (460 hp @5900rpm), Tremec 6 spd manual transmission and 3.45 limited slip gear ratio out back. If we can't agree on a fair trade in price I'll probably put the Monte up for sale and sell to a private party so I can get top dollar for it. Enjoy your weekend everyone,

Hello `Mike,
Wish you good luck on dealing with the dealer. I hope they can give you top dollar for your awesome Monte Keep us updated `OK.
It sounds like a super Camaro SS.

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Welcome back space

Hi `Devin & thanks for your words & welcome. I've missed reading & seeing all your posts & super pictures of your adventures in life.
I'm going to have to get a camera & learn how to use it.

Your Monte is looking beautiful as always & it's great that you are able to get on the roads to meet other member's.

Wish you a Super WeekEnd in your Super Super Monte S.S.
What's happening this weekend ?
========================
The V.P. of the company woke me `up to give me my company car back, but I had to drive him to the airport The car is dirty & low on fuel, but I'm still happy to have a company ride.

Meeting my grandfather & Tommy later @ the senior center & I get the day `off 2morrow WoW > (I'm hoping my g/f gets back by then) (if not, I'll cry )

Wish everyone that reads/see this a Super Fun Happy Day, Weekend. It's time to find some fuel (food)...

Old 08-23-2014, 10:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
SPACE????
Is this really you? Good to have you back!
Thanks for being here and Starting the Members Daily Blog!
Now...
The forum seems normal!! With your return and contributions.
We have so needed/missed your input!
Dont get me wrong.. Bum Mike (SpaceRider) has been a great contributing factor !!! And addition to the MCF family! Thanks Mike!

The mrs and I returned from our vaca a cpl days early...
What a great time we had traveling the country. However, the exhaust decided to rust out on us finally. After more than 10yrs of traveling around. It was a loud and uncomfortable ride home..but the clothes hangers held up as I tried my best to keep the remaining peices in place. I have an appt on Monday to have it replaced.
Have a Great Weekend EV1!

Space:
I miss my original signature pic you did for me!
So a cpl members helped me out with this current one.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 08-23-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Smile "I'm happy to `be & I hope that U R also" (?)

Hi `David,
It's great that you had a safe/fun trip, but it's sad that you had exhaust problems.

I do like your new `sig picture & I searched my files (it was in my computer photo files & not on photo bucket > (It's the only online photo site I use)...I must have deleted it after I made it for you. Or lost it to one of my many computer crashes

Your Monte "Z" is really looking good

* I hope that you don't have to spend Big $'s on repairs to your exhaust (I know that can get expensive)..Keep us updated.

Wish you a relaxing weekend & I just learned that the NASCAR race is tonight on ABC. I might watch it with my grandfather & Bum Tommy `if they don't have other plans. I hope to take a power nap this afternoon & get a better recharge. It's super HOT out & the heat index is over 106 degrees & it hotter in the warehouses.

OK, whose next to hit some keys & let us know what's happening in your LIFE ? I think it's you reading this ? We all we just sit here & wait for your post

Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all, welcome back space.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Devin & thanks for your words & welcome. I've missed reading & seeing all your posts & super pictures of your adventures in life.
I'm going to have to get a camera & learn how to use it.

Your Monte is looking beautiful as always & it's great that you are able to get on the roads to meet other member's.

Wish you a Super WeekEnd in your Super Super Monte S.S.
What's happening this weekend ?
========================
The V.P. of the company woke me `up to give me my company car back, but I had to drive him to the airport The car is dirty & low on fuel, but I'm still happy to have a company ride.

Meeting my grandfather & Tommy later @ the senior center & I get the day `off 2morrow WoW > (I'm hoping my g/f gets back by then) (if not, I'll cry )

Wish everyone that reads/see this a Super Fun Happy Day, Weekend. It's time to find some fuel (food)...

Thanks Space, i like how the Monte turned out
I got a new job which is real manual labor of a job, gonna take a bit to get used to it. i have this weekend off which im gonna just stay home and let my body get some rest

Great to see you back, awesome you got your company car back. Hope you get to see your girlfriend soon lol, Have a great weekend

Old 08-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Space. Hey everyone!

I'm Monte-less till Monday. Yesterday the dealership looked at the passlock problem. I couldn't get it started yesterday morning when I went to bring it to the dealership. Had to use the 10 minute trick.

So the dealership calls me yesterday afternoon and tells me the ignition cylinder/passlock sensor tested good. And even though there was a passlock error code (code B2960) stored in the memory, they couldn't get the problem to happen for them. It started every time. So they send a shuttle driver out to get me so I can pick up my Monte. When we got to the dealership, they tell me they can no longer get my car started. My reaction.....

So now they're keeping my Monte till they can get a new BCM ordered in. They're going to put a new BCM in, and hopefully this will take care of the problem.

There is a TSB on the BCM in my Monte. And it has never been changed. Still the factory original. So hopefully that will take care of my passlock issues.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Smile "Just got 2 `be the Driver of your Life"

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
morning all, welcome back space.

Hi `Keane & thanks for your words.
I hope that your job is getting better & I see that you've been
getting out in your super Monte & meeting member's.

You sure have made your Monte yours with your modifications
and it's looking great. Out of your 3 cars (?) what do you drive
the most ? Which one do you like the most ? (Stupid ?) LOL
Wish you a fun, happy weekend....Enjoy
===================================
Hi `Devin, thanks for your reply!
Do you like your new job ? I personally like a job that requires
manual labor. (It's also a great way to stay in shape while you
are getting paid $) .
How many hours a week will you be working ?
I know for me it would be like a vacation to only be working a
forty hour week. I'm making decent money, but I don't know anymore `if giving up so much is really worth it (?).

I will keep working like crazy until my g/f decides where she
wants to be. I'm ready to settle down or slow down a little
A wedding is in the near future (?)

I just looked out & a few of the guys at work are washing my
company car I'm really lucky to work with some great people

Wish everyone a safe & Happy Weekend.
=============================
* Hi Amy, I just seen your post on your accident I'm glad that
you are OK & I hope that you get a good shop to bring it
back better then new. Please keep us updated...

Old 08-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Question It worked for us Until (>?<) > LOL <

`Lou,
I just read your post after I posted the above.

It was funny that it worked for them until you got there. I'm happy that they are going to put in a new BCM I also hope that you don't charge you for their mess `up or time.

Keep us updated....We will be standing by to attack the dealership or the GM Headquarters (LOL)

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: SATURDAY, 8/23/2014 - Check In -