Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Okay boys, lets hear your thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Default RE: Okay boys, lets hear your thoughts!

I don't think they will replace the engine with a bigger one. One of the rules clearly states that no motorized wishes granted. Its a safety issue and because the make-a-wish foundation's name will be attached to such a thing. I understand that. So, my son put his thinking cap on and said "well, if I have the car already.........." so he looked it up and sure enough there's been wishes granted to boys (much older then he is albeit) that wished to have their cars fixed. So, voila!! However, here's the genuis. None of these wishes were from Canadian boys so he'll be the first that we know of. His wish granters are pretty excited. He was hung up on making this wish count, and benefit him in the future. Which was frustrating as it is a fantasy wish. But he found something.

I don't think he needs a bigger engine at 16. I think a 305 is respectable. And he can always add to it. He already has a job, and does lawn mowingand snow shoveling to save for insurance on this car and other stuff he wants.The wheels won't be so big that he has to raise the car. Not his deal,thank god as I'd be trying hard to not let him do that.

I know he's special and I'm proud of him. His illness is not what makes him who he is. How he handles himself is what defines him. He's a grade A student, worked hard to get on a competive hockey team (not easy let me tell you) has recievedinvitations to invitation only camps through the board of education, the list goes on. All this while being hospitalized for asthma. He showed up to his hockey games dressed in full gear unable to play, but made me take him because he was the Alternate Captain and it was his job to be there. He won the gold medal in wrestling last spring and had pneumonia the entire wrestling season.

So he deserves this car.

~Jenna

Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

One of the things that most of us here at the MCF are proud of is the mod's that we have done on our cars to make them one of a kind, such as the special paint and wheel combos. Like my one of a kind Rock'n Intimidator SS. Making the GP HIS, a ONE OF A KIND, that's what is special. And at 13, he has vision!
What does he want to do after high school? With vision like his, he must have ideas! Maybe automotive design? Designers need VISION! You have to be able to see all the little details in your head BEFORE you can put it onto paper, into clay, or a computer. Sounds like he has that ability, even at 13.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 AM

He's going to be a paramedic. He's already looking into what to dowhen he gets to highschool to become that.Highschool is next year.LOL. Makes him enough money to do the things he wants like, race. And do car things. Need for speed that boy has. Always has. He's building a go cart right now with a lawnmower engine. I got him the frame and told him to go at it. I just nod and smile.

He orignally wanted to go to Italy to the Lamborghini factory and design a lambo. But found this GP and asked his brother in law for it and off to the races he went with the idea.

~Jenna

Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 AM

OH, and SWEET RIDE!! I went and looked at your site.

~Jenna

Old 10-06-2008, 12:35 PM

hey sure has the mind for this kind of stuff. another paint scheme would be a real nice blue. deep and supple. one i like is on the new honda civic si. the car i dont but the paint is really nice. it woul dlook good with the stripe hes looking for!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM

Now I'd have to say my favorite color combo of all time an possibly my favorite looking Camaro would be this one...
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...nmusclezi8.jpg

I think wheels like that are sweet on older cars, keeping within the original height of the tire is a must for me. The donks, boxes, and bubbles are just different names for different body styles but they all have one thing in common, they've been lifted several inches to fit wheels way to big for the wheel wells and look ugly (to my eyes).

Any idea as to when he's gonna get the car built and have it street ready? I'd love to see how the car ends up looking at the end.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:52 PM

thatcamaro is sexy.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Now I'd have to say my favorite color combo of all time an possibly my favorite looking Camaro would be this one...
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...nmusclezi8.jpg

I think wheels like that are sweet on older cars, keeping within the original height of the tire is a must for me. The donks, boxes, and bubbles are just different names for different body styles but they all have one thing in common, they've been lifted several inches to fit wheels way to big for the wheel wells and look ugly (to my eyes).

Any idea as to when he's gonna get the car built and have it street ready? I'd love to see how the car ends up looking at the end.
OMG!! One look at that car and I have to change my panties!! That is my favorite car ever.

I'll take pics and post them (not of my panties) before and after and during if I can. I'm not to sure, he hasn't made the wish official yet. And then the work that goes into making it happen. I'd say a year perhaps more. I'm hoping to put it off as long as possible so that it doesn't sit to long.

~Jenna

Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 PM

Sounds like you've got one great young fella there! You should indeed be very proud! I'm sure that car will be one sweet ride when it is done. I think a really good look for a paint scheme for that car would be white pearl with black metallic racing stripes. I've always been a big fan of the white pearl - looks great on the Caddillacs! Good luck to him with whatever he chooses - he sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, and really make this car into a true classic!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:59 PM

Good luck! I hope you keep us alll updated with whatever happens. And that Camaro [sm=Awwww.gif]

Quick Reply: Okay boys, lets hear your thoughts!