Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Default RE: New Mustang

whatever you do just dont trade in the monte.[:@]

Old 04-23-2005, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol....

The Monte stays........ I have plans down the road for this one..

Patrick, you noted that you have done a review of the '06 Monte, what were your thoughts?

TVW

Old 04-23-2005, 08:35 PM

i would like to know what you though about it as well cause i have heard nothin on it except that it has a v8

Old 04-23-2005, 11:47 PM

you guys should know that im not like a car and driver writer..i dont have the liberty of going and driving things...i am very wordy, and know alot about older cars...so i use that to compare new vehicles..i have been a mechanic and i valet, so ive driven LOTS of cars in my life...i gather info, from pictures, to specs...sometimes with enough poking around i can get a build sheet in pdf file and so by the numbers on there...i list the new options, so on...what i do, is i include every bit of info that i can that someone who is going to be looking into new cars may want to know..bascially...i dumb down a buyers guide for people..

hmm...while i think the V8 is a cool idea...when a car with any power, say you increase it a bit...when you jump on it, the weight is going to shfit to the rear, so i fear that the new SS might be a tire smoker special without some work to the rear suspension, but it is that way with any hipo FWD...i think the new interior looks good, but the seats in the SS need to look like super sport-y seats...the base is very flat...i think a car with the ***** of the new SS should, it should have a deep sitting bucket., and i really like the front fascia...the rounding to both ends makes it look a little more nascar-ish...especially with the nascar style rear wing...that was a nice touch...i think they should have brought it a little lower to the ground for the SS, or put longer body panels, but all in all,i think its a nice car. but there is just something alluring about the blower...

Old 04-24-2005, 12:22 AM

IMHO.....

I feel that GM missed the boat with this one.

The V8 Monte should have been built on the Zeta platform as originally planned. I agree with you, a FWD V8 is nice but a RWD V8 would have been much much better.

That being said, I feel that all of the auto makers will be focusing attention to econo cars and this muscle car era may be over before it really got started.I hope I am wrong but things do not look good for gas guzzling new age hot rods..

TVW

Old 04-24-2005, 04:48 PM

i totally agree todd

Old 04-25-2005, 01:51 PM

I think it has a nostalgic look but it lacks style. It doent look like a sports car anymore it looks like a tank. [sm=lame.gif]Yeah its lame. It doesnt compare to the styling and overall sporty look of a camaro or t/a

Old 04-25-2005, 04:05 PM

Rental car look came to my mind. lol

Old 04-25-2005, 07:09 PM

hmm..how odd..i actually kind of like it....

but i must say, i did a write up on the new z06 today..yikes...

Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 PM

What did you think about the Z06 Patrick?

Quick Reply: New Mustang