Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
This thread rocks! I'm still trying to put together a history still shrouded in mystery, but this is a key piece. This was neat.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar

But KidSpace is the forum magic IMO. I' m still not convinced he's actually human. Or alien! He's more like some extra-terrestrial super-social computer. No human programming or sentient being really has the capacity to stimulate conversation or generate intriguing posts at such high volume

Thank You `Brent 4 your time/life/words/contributions

to the MCF & our World. It's people/member's like you
that keep our forum helpful, fun & growing.
I can not imagine what our lives would be like `if humans did not
create the computer & WorldWideWeb.
"Isolation"
?

I believe that we are all the sum total of our teachings/programing/experiences.

I wish that everyone could be programed for `Good, but
some have been programed to be `Bad & Hurt.
"Life is a learning experience"
I do hope that we can learn from our mistakes, and not to repeat them.

I must depart this automotive social network & return to my mission of work....There's always so much 2 `do with so little Time.
I wish you reading this the Time to EnJoy your `Life.

Warning, I shall return (?)
------------------------------
Thanks Cowboy `Duane for leading Brent to our family &
also for all your great contribtuions to the MCF
----------------------------
My morning break is over & I must return to work.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now that Brent has figured Space out, 'Space must "dispose" of him.

Brent's going to turn up in a lake somewhere and a mystery creature will be driving the BudChev from now on.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW!!!

Talk about Memory Lane. I remember the "The big Crash" of 08. I didn't post much back then, but remember all the old names. Over the years, i've sold my Monte and have gotten into 2 vans and an S15 Jimmy, but i still remain here. Ive been to other forums and this is the only one that i have really felt like "HOME".

I'm not sure what the future will bring as far as a vehicle is concerned, but what ever it is, It will have an MCF sticker on it.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This thread's pretty interesting . . . and i'm not even a history guy. I feel like after owning 3 monte's I shoulda been here a long time ago . . . Better late than never

Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 PM

Cool thread. I joined by in August of 08. I was apart of a great forum in Las Vegas called the LVFbody when I was living there and running my firebirds. I stayed connected to that forum for awhile when I moved back to Oregon, but drifted away after I sold my last Firebird. That forum has since died and the club mostly disbanded. Sad to see what was a great place go. I then joined a few other forums until I bought the monte. After I bought it I searched for a few monte forums and joined a couple. This one seemed the most active and I was drawn to it. I left for awhile when space left for Kuwait, it wasn't the same with him gone and I spent the summer on a boat forum for my boat. I eventually came back as winter set in and I have been here ever since. I was surprised to see space back after my break, and saw some great members drift away, but new ones have come along like myself and contribute to making this a great place. Even after I sold my car I stayed and kept the blog going after space needed a break to spend time with his girlfriend and his busy life. I figure its the least I can do for this great place. I spend most of my time in off topic, but try to cruise around more now since I bought my monte back.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been a member as long as you Todd (in theory at least), and I didn't know the 'Space in Kuwait story at all. This could easily turn into a "History of KidSpace" thread. There should be such a thread. That Kid has been living a full and busy life. He's not human

Old 07-13-2011, 10:48 PM

hmmmm that sound like a good idea, maybe ill make a thread about him lol.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:49 PM

wow i cant believe ive been a member since 09 and i ONLY have like 240 posts

Old 08-05-2011, 01:10 AM

This was a great idea for a thread. Make me appreciate MCF a lot more seeing where it was and where it is today. I've been on a few forums that i know would have folded after such a virus. Good to know this one and all that run it are strong enough to over come it. and as Taz pointed out about most Montys not being with their original owners, I'm proud that that I'm that my Monty was bought new in 02 by my mother and bought it from her. A one family car

Old 08-05-2011, 12:55 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've come to the conclusoing that this forum isn't about cars, it's about people. Cars are just what put us all here... on the MCF. The members blog, my own NASCAR fantasy thing, the off topic threads, Kid Space, Taz, RJ, the whole gang... I know I didn't name a bunch of you out there. There's a few of us who have been together through a lot on this forum. Some of us have left and come back (myself, I went on a 6 month hiatus in '09, barelly posted.) Heck, this forum is even accepting of the classic Furd gang (myself)... some members who used to own monte Carlo's stick around despite not owning other cars. Most of us have never even seen each other. I even know of a relationship that started on this forum.... Take that e-Harmony!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 09-17-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?