Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?

Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Space. I appreciate your thoughts and dedication to the forum.

I think what Duane may mean is the fact that you keep the forum supplied with fresh posts and threads for members to read. When you take time away, you're absence is definitely noticed.

Duane, call it politics if you want. But most of us here want to see a new Monte Carlo offered sooner, rather than later. I think if we have Monte's of all generations making a presence at shows and gatherings, GM would be more likely to bring the name back.

But I'm going off topic again.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Ah I am so glad the forum has moved on from the pre virus version and gotten better. The days of the virus were long and boring without MCF. I remember trying 10 times before I could even log in and then the site crashing. It was best to stay away during those times. Alot of people left but alot stayed as well. Lou you are our leader for sure but no one can doubt Space's dedication to the forum and his tens of thousands of posts between his two user names. Its too bad you had to switch s/n's after the attack, I would like to see what your overall post count would be. Easily into the 20 thousands I think.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

The SpaceRider username has been repaired. Along with many other usernames that were damaged. Space uses KidSpace now. But occasionally the beachbums use the original SpaceRider name.

Every once in a while there is a reference to the MCF staff Yugo. This was a running joke on the old forum, involving a few of the moderators. Specifically Mickey, wiz kidd, and myself. And our constant references to the garage at the fictional MCF headquarters. The "MCF staff Yugo" was the car we supposedly used for parts runs and beer runs. The picture below is the picture we used in posts.

The staff Yugo was retired (at least it was supposed to be) when a certain member borrowed it, and it ended up like this...

Occasionally there was references to each staff member's office, and the staff lounge at MCF headquarters. JJ always filled the offices with the smell of fresh popped popcorn. There is still the occasional reference to the moderators and I having discussions in the Staff Lounge. This is where the line between fiction and reality kind of blur. The "MCF Staff Lounge" is the name of the Moderator's Only section of the forum. In the picture below, you'll see it above the New Member Area. It's only visible to staff. So for most of you, this is your first look at what you're not seeing.

Attached Thumbnails Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?-mcf-staff-yugo.jpg   Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?-yug.jpg   Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?-mcf-homepage-june-2011-websize.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM

How many times do I have to say I'm `Sorry
You guys know that I get drunk on one beer : )
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks `Lou & Matt, a trip down memory lane...
I was driving the U-go & was out look'in 4 a Life & got distracted
by a pretty Sheep LOL & that's the truth (lie) 4-Sure : )

Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Don't worry about it Space dood. It's a Yugo. It spontaneously combusts at speeds over 30mph.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

We had a dodge omni behind the shop for a year or two that was rattle canned steelers black n gold. I think it would have been a great replacement for the yugo but it has been cubed for a while now.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

A guy a couple blocks away from me has an Omni O24 parked in his driveway. Looks like it's still in great shape too. All original. You'd never know it's almost 30 years old.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:47 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is the video I always like to claim shows what happened to the Yugo as well....

YouTube - ‪yugo‬‏

Don't worry how it mysteriously was black, then yellow, then black again.... that's just the magic of KidSpace.

Since then, Space has insisted on using my Torino for beer runs.... maybe the longer wheel base suits his driving style better.

I think the GPD/Grandpa Dave and Craig/Black Attack/later Propitious all left over the forum crash. They claimed the board attacked their computers, and understandably, they stayed away after that for fear. Although Craig has returend every once in a blue moon and made a post, and I added him on Facebook, once you break a habit, it's hard to get back into it.

Craig was known for making signatures on the MCF. One day while he was off work, he made a bunch of them for members... I collected them and made a thank you post the day after he did it. These are the signatures he made that I still have...

That was mine...

This was Taz...

Grandpa Dave!, SolaraSlayer

Wayne, RocknSS04

The forum ladies man, RJ

And no, this isn't present member 77GP Jerry's car... don't know that Revitupfaster still hangs around that mcuh anymore...

Seems like these things were made in like mid-late '07.

The old farts of the forum are all getting nostalgic here....

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 06-15-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah... I took a long hiatus turing the 'crash'

When I came back there were TONS of new faces, and of course as life goes, those who left/sold/moved on

Old 06-15-2011, 10:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

This thread rocks! I'm still trying to put together a history still shrouded in mystery, but this is a key piece. This was neat.

I followed Duane here from the JGMonteCarloSS forum. It's always been a little more active here and I've learned a lot (especially from bumpin, but may others too) But KidSpace is the forum magic IMO. I' m still not convinced he's actually human. Or alien! He's more like some extra-terrestrial super-social computer. No human programming or sentient being really has the capacity to stimulate conversation or generate intriguing posts at such high volume

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?