Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I got booted from a local Cruise...

Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I got booted from a local Cruise...

Well I screwed up, don't know what I was thinking. After a car show this past weekend, main street in American Fork, Utah was closed down for any car show participants to be able to cruise in about a 1.5 mile loop. back and forth down the street. Lined along the route were a few hundred people with lawn chairs, sitting on tail gates etc. And us, cars of all shapes and sizes, high to low HP applications. And yet it was a pretty docile cruise. So silly me, I wanted to give the people a few exciting moments. Every now and again I would come to a stop, build boost and smoke some tires for about 10 feet, get going perhaps 15 to 20 mph and then get out of it. Did this about 5 or 6 times, the people loved it, was getting the wolf whistles and hollers, kind of cool.

But then Johnny Law on their motorcycles pulled in behind and along side me. Said I do it again, and I'm kicked off the cruise. I assured them it was all good and they would not have to warn me again. No sooner had they left when another motorcycle cop pulls up and tells me "Your out of here", I offered up, "Your partners said "One more time and I'm out of here" All he said back was "Your out of here". So I was essentially "86d from a cruise", LOL, kind of a badge of honor in one way. Guess I won't be going back to that car show next year. Have another local show this week, but they don't have the cruise after, darn.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 AM

LoL don't feel bad we've all been there before. Happened to me before with a Dakota RT I was the only one boosted at the cruise and after a single smoke show I get plowed with tickets and I get banned from the car show.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks but is pretty funny you get kicked out for doing burnouts. They were probably just completely jealous of your monte.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:29 AM

I bet that was quite a show! I'd love to be able to hear that turbo 3800 in person. That must have been an AWESOME sound.

That sucks that the last guy booted you though after the earlier ones had given a final warning. There must have not been any communication between them (not that it's that surprising).

The cruise in that I went to every Friday when I still lived in TN specifically prohibited burnouts, but they had no problem with people revving it up. There were always people from the local Sheriff's office and city PD there to keep an eye out but I'm almost certain that they were all volunteers for that duty as they were all car guys (and gals, there were some female officers and deputies too). I always chatted with them at some point during the evenings and they said it was one of the highlights of their duty week.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As much as the crowd love a few burnouts, as you notice the cops don't. Rule of thumb is unless the show actually has a true "burnout competition", it's probably bad etiquette to do a burn out. Regardless, it stinks that a few officers we kind enough to ask you to stop, giving you a chance to continue and then after the situation was dealt with, one last guy took it upon himself to boot you. It may have been a response to a spectator complaint, hard to say.

We had a local show that started small and kept growing each year and ran about 3+ years at Headlands Beach Park, the show was called "Fatman's Invasion" and they did the show at no cost (as in no registration/no registration fee and I believe no cost for use of the location) and any profits from T-shirts, food and such sold at the show got donated to a charity every year. Great setup, very casual. The 2013 show, the organizers made very clear in all advertising, the local police well be present, no burn outs or anything the law would frown upon. Well, from what I found out after I left, a bunch of people began staging a "burnout pit" and then doing a short run through the park. The organizers were told by the park officials they are no longer permitted to run a car show at Headlands Beach Park. I see this year's event is being held at a local drag strip!

Old 07-16-2014, 06:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

F the POlice - power to the PEOPLE!

j/k Police...