Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Forgotten TV & Radio shows...

Old 01-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Forgotten TV & Radio shows...

We may be able to have a little fun showing our age. Lets start this thread where we each list a television show from our earlier years, you know, kind of show our age. There are many memorable radio shows if one can recall them.

SO lets have a few "Ah I forgot about that one" moments when a member posts a show you knew but had long forgotten.

Rules: No duplicates, post and then wait your turn for a next poster to drop his ah ha moment. You can then immediately post again, so long as you have one person between your posts...

We did something like this years back on the forum, similar to the word association posts done on here. With that I will lead with ...

C O M B A T with Vic Morrow as Sgt. Saunders

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-31-2017 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
We may be able to have a little fun showing our age. Lets start this thread where we each list a television show from our earlier years, you know, kind of show our age. There are many memorable radio shows if one can recall them.

SO lets have a few "Ah I forgot about that one" moments when a member posts a show you knew but had long forgotten.

Rules: No duplicates, post and then wait your turn for a next poster to drop his ah ha moment. You can then immediately post again, so long as you have one person between your posts...

We did something like this years back on the forum, similar to the word association posts done on here. With that I will lead with ...

C O M B A T with Vic Morrow as Sgt. Saunders

Oh yah I remember that one!
Combat I watched when it was on and although it was in Black and White it was pretty cool show, their platoon took on the Germans every time. I think it was shot in California because when I lived out there they had all these Eucalyptus Trees, and they were always walking in a Forest that had them. I don't think they were indigenous to Europe but I could be wrong. Sgt Saunders carrier the Thompson Sub Machine gun on his Patrol 45 on his hip pretty cool. We played combat in the neighborhood when I was a kid too. Probably the best cap gun for this was made by Mattel toy's they made the Thompson as a toy and it was almost real looking. I think old Vic perished shooting a film. Maybe the Twilight Zone or something he lost his head over the deal.

Keeping with the Military theme.
How about the RAT PATROL with Christopher George Sgt Sam Troy and Larry Casey They were mobile with 50 Cal, and the Jeep.

good one ZIPPY!!

Old 01-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

How about the RAT PATROL with Christopher George Sgt Sam Troy and Larry Casey They were mobile with 50 Cal, and the Jeep.

Nicely played Drivernmber3, Rat patrol was one I watched all the time. When we played war I was always Troy. Even had the Rat patrol lunch box for school.

How about:

Hogan's Heroes

Name:  HOGANS%20HEREOS_zps76ud2lni.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  10.4 KB

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-31-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Nicely played Drivernmber3, Rat patrol was one I watched all the time. When we played war I was always Troy. Even had the Rat patrol lunch box for school.

How about:

Hogan's Heroes

This was a good one I always enjoyed the laughs, this would have not been on the list to play like the other 2, but if I was going to be locked up in Stalag 13 I would want to be lock up with Fraulein Helga for sure.
Col Hogan was a lucky duck for sure.

I think I will switch to a Western this time the list for these is nearly endless.
LANCER is the one I will name mostly because when they were shooting this it was done in Carmel mountains area in CA. It stared Andrew Dugan, James Stacy, and Wayne Maunder . back in the 60's they had several of the TV shows about Ranch Life this was one of them. At the time I worked for a restaurant that did Catering and we went to the Ranch where it was filmed I think it was the Openhimer Ranch.

Attached Thumbnails Forgotten TV & Radio shows...-lancer-1-.jpg   Forgotten TV & Radio shows...-lancer-2-.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-31-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:41 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Wow, that is a new one on me. Lancer? Sounds like the name our military gave a Soviet Aircraft. Lancer, hmmm good one! You have led a charmed life as a youth. That would be neat to be on a set to see everything going on like you were able to do. Were you some rich kid...

Okay how about, "Paladin, Have gun will travel... I remember watching it, always thought it was so cool.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-31-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Howdy Dowdy? Cowboy bob

Soupy Sales, Mr green jeans

Milky the clown..magic words??? Twin Pines

The Rifleman... Chuck Connors

Just to name a few!

Loved all the afore mentioned shows
Those were the days!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 01-31-2017 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 02-01-2017, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Wow, that is a new one on me. Lancer? Sounds like the name our military gave a Soviet Aircraft. Lancer, hmmm good one! You have led a charmed life as a youth. That would be neat to be on a set to see everything going on like you were able to do. Were you some rich kid...

Okay how about, "Paladin, Have gun will travel... I remember watching it, always thought it was so cool.
No Charm there, the guy who owned the Resturaunt was not a nice guy. It was short lived I think maybe a one or two season TV show. When I went up to the area where they were shooting the thing the folks I saw was the Cowboy extras, it was a pretty cool area for filming. This was when the Trend was for the Ranch style TV westerns. I always like the Paladin show at the opening he would have his hand on his SA Colt with the Holster and the Chess piece on it.

Such as the Virginian which was supposed to be around the Wyoming area. When you read about the History of the Wyoming area there were some real Bad a** cowboys from out there.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Clarification???

ZIPPY
So when you first started this I kind of took it as a 1 title show be post. like you did for Combat, Am I right or can we do multiples but then we may run out of shows to soon?

Old 02-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
ZIPPY
So when you first started this I kind of took it as a 1 title show be post. like you did for Combat, Am I right or can we do multiples but then we may run out of shows to soon?
Drivernumber3 has it right... It is played the same as the Word Association thread my good people. We only post one show at a time then the next member will post one of their shows.

Perhaps it is my brain getting older as I can only remember one show at a time. Then someones post will spark a memory and I post a new one etc. etc..

I have to say "Well well well, look who made a guest appearance my ol buddy Dave, lol, it seems to be a time when long lost members make an appearance. Hey Dave how have you been you ol Ghost? You named some classic shows for sure guy. Lets see if you can bring back some classics with us.

P343, you have some cool ones to... There's Uncle Joe he is a moving kind of slow at the junction, Petty Coat Junction

Drivernumber3, and here I thought you were leading the charmed life, that does not sound so fun working for a mean grumpy owner. Had to be pretty good to meet the extras and such, get a behind the scenes view of what it take to make a movie. Cowboys, horses all taking a whizz on the sage brush, dust up your nostrils. You ever meet some one that you knew went on to become kind of famous later on?

Well as far as the Ranch westerns go, this is what I might call one, well kind of... use to watch this, had to be when I was about 7 or 8 I'm guessing.

Sky King

Name:  sky%20king%202_zps6xktneej.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  sky%20king_zpsxdiztzdq.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  122.7 KB

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 02-01-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

OOps sorry
Let's try this again
Petticoat Junction

Last edited by P343; 02-01-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Search this Thread