Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Who posted your favorite photo?
drivernumber3
44.44%
JuniorCar
55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Bi-Monthly Photo Contest "Wildlife" Voting

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 09:45 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Bi-Monthly Photo Contest "Wildlife" Voting

The theme for this contest was
"Wildlife"

Below are the two submissions.

Voting will end Friday, January 13, 2017

drivernumber 3

JuniorCar

Old 01-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Funny you both have water in your photo's...

Old 01-10-2017, 04:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a tie!

Old 01-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Those Angus cows are so funny, and inquisitive I n 2014 I was working up ion NW Iowa. I had to inspect a Park and a spillway to a Dam that had been flooded and to get there we had to walk thru a section of a field that had a small herd of Angus. Wasn't long and they were walking right along side of us. Pretty funny.
I am not sure if this video will show up but if it does you will see the cows chasing a remote control car.

Facebook Post

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-10-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Now that is amazing, watching the cattle literally chasing the R/C car all over like they did, really strange, must have been the herd mentality kicking in on some of them.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Thanks again for another win! Voting turn out seemed to be a little better, perhaps spurred by the MOTY voting interest.

By the numbers, with this win I now tie drivernumber3 for most photo contests wins at 10 a piece (including one that we tied). That win also make 4 in a row for me - a new record!

I say all this in joust, because Greg is back! I know Greg is a fantastic photographer and his pics have always inspired me. He invented this contest and dominated it in the early days. Of my 10 wins, only one was over zippy02 (I'm not even sure he submitted a photo that time). Hopefully Greg submits again and can renew some interest and bring out the best in the forums photographers

I still keep a huge advantage naming the theme and able to dig into the archives. I'm out of great pics that I want to use from this year I think. I have something older in mind when I name the next theme "Flags". That should be doable folks. The submission thread is open here

Old 01-14-2017, 12:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Thanks again for another win! Voting turn out seemed to be a little better, perhaps spurred by the MOTY voting interest.

By the numbers, with this win I now tie drivernumber3 for most photo contests wins at 10 a piece (including one that we tied). That win also make 4 in a row for me - a new record!

I say all this in joust, because Greg is back! I know Greg is a fantastic photographer and his pics have always inspired me. He invented this contest and dominated it in the early days. Of my 10 wins, only one was over zippy02 (I'm not even sure he submitted a photo that time). Hopefully Greg submits again and can renew some interest and bring out the best in the forums photographers

I still keep a huge advantage naming the theme and able to dig into the archives. I'm out of great pics that I want to use from this year I think. I have something older in mind when I name the next theme "Flags". That should be doable folks. The submission thread is open here

Congrats on your win! I am just trying to hit a theme now and then. I am just winging it. I think I hold the record for the most entries without a vote. Kind of difficult to take a good photo when I am not at home.
However this is soon to be remedied and I am going to retire from this stuff and be around home.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

[QUOTE=JuniorCar;699289]

Wow congrats on the win, that was on the fence the whole time. Voting participation was pretty decent, super job forum members, way to support your friends on the forum here!!

Oh baby, I need to get back into this with you all. I need to dig for a flag photo. Feel bad I just chose my Signature, as a quickie, nothing to make you guys sweat over, another easy win for someone, lol ha ha ha

Perhaps next theme I will have to go for it and put some effort into it. Need to stress you all out... I'm a legend in my own mind...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-15-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:46 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Congrats JuniorCar
Below is your winners certificate

Attached Files