Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any MMA fans in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Any MMA fans in the house?

All of us obviously love power and grace to be here, so anybody like the fights like I do?

GSP, BJ Penn, Uriah, and Anderson Silva are among the best athletes in the world, IMO.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: Any MMA fans in the house?

Yes I am a MMA fan. I like watching the UFC and WEC fights. As long as the sport doesnt turn into a money driven spectacle like boxing has become, I will continue to watch the fights.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:30 PM

I feel you there. Money sure corrupts, tho. Agents like Rosenhaus arent too far away.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 AM

I am a MMA fan, dont follow it religously but do tune in once in a while
Sad that Evan Tanner died, but he died doing something he enjoyed.

Kimbo vs Shamrock will be an interesting fight. Shamrock is way past his prime but still it will be interesting.
Kimbo is an animal but still has not proven him self in mma.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: big_mecho13

I am a MMA fan, dont follow it religously but do tune in once in a while
Sad that Evan Tanner died, but he died doing something he enjoyed.

Kimbo vs Shamrock will be an interesting fight. Shamrock is way past his prime but still it will be interesting.
Kimbo is an animal but still has not proven him self in mma.

Sham should take him fairly easily. A heel hook or kneebar, IMO. I am really hoping this fight, and indeed that whole organization, is not fixed. Kimbo definitely has his place in MMA, and is getting top shelf training. He will only get better.

You ruined my day reminding me about ET.....

Old 09-17-2008, 12:42 PM

I watch religiously! I watch all the UFC and WEC events. I think Shamrock will destroy Kimbo. Kimbo looked absolutely horrible in both his pro MMA fights, just wildly swinging with no ground game.

I think Brock Lesnar vs. Couture will be an excellent fight. I think Couture just has too much experience and Lesnar is still fairly green.

My favorite fighter to watch is Carlos Condit, WEC welterweight champ.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:45 PM

Sham should take him fairly easily. A heel hook or kneebar, IMO. I am really hoping this fight, and indeed that whole organization, is not fixed.
I dont know man last time I watched Sham was his last fight vs Tito Ortiz and Sham was out of shape, was not mentally reafy either was just trying to put a show on.
Kimbo needs more practice but he is working hard. He is a Monster so is Lesnar. They need a lot of practice and better tecnique otherwise they are great athleates.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Nocturnx

I watch religiously! I watch all the UFC and WEC events. I think Shamrock will destroy Kimbo. Kimbo looked absolutely horrible in both his pro MMA fights, just wildly swinging with no ground game.

I think Brock Lesnar vs. Couture will be an excellent fight. I think Couture just has too much experience and Lesnar is still fairly green.

My favorite fighter to watch is Carlos Condit, WEC welterweight champ.
Couture/Lesnar is a freaking blockbuster. This fight is so great because depending on my mood, I see the fight going lopsided one way or the other. My mind usually says that Couture will win easily because he has learned to adapt his wrestling to MMA better, thru alot more experience, obviously.

Then I think that it doesnt matter, cuz Brock is just too strong. Too fast. He will toss Randy around like a toy. Brock destroys....right?

Carlos is the man. The WEC has naaasty light guys. Condit, Faber, Torres.....bad dudes.