Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2014 Impala

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2014 Impala

what do you think of the first look?

2014 Chevrolet Impala Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver

Old 04-03-2012, 11:29 PM

=[

they don't make em like they used too

Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

... It looks like an import, a kia or something. Cars are going downhill fast

Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Got excited when i saw this thread. But i honestly dont know what to make of it Im just completely undecided if i like it or not. Doesn't seem like an american car to me. I do like the front, it doesn't have a huge honeycomb grille like alot of the cars now. And IMO i think it would make a pretty decent 2 door, catch my drift?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:21 AM

The new Impala is probably going to be competant transportation but it is uninspiring. Nothing to really differentiate it from a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or half a dozen others.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:01 AM

i like the interior, the exterior is generic to say the least, but i don't dislike it... much. is that even a w-body anymore?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

It looks pretty damn good, not like an Impala though

EDIT:

Nevermind....

Old 04-04-2012, 03:23 AM

Was the previous generation really that unique? I call BS on that. That's one of my BIGGEST knocks on the 06-07 Monte and has always been one of my big knocks on the Impala. Looks far too generic compared to the earlier ones.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:37 AM

Thanks `Zach for finding/posting/sharing

I think it will be a great family/fleet & police ride...
I see shades of Buick in the DeSign.

It's not my type of ride, but if my boss gave me one to drive (?), I'd be happy to drive it. A 3.6L (303 HP)..I will rent one & take it 2 the track & see how it performs

Official Photos and Info
arrow<HGROUP>2014 Chevrolet Impala

This one just may move away from the rental lot.

</HGROUP></HEADER><TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Dare we say it? For the first time in a while, Chevrolet has created an Impala that might excite someone other than fleet purchasing agents.
The 10th generation of one of autodom’s most familiar nameplates, the 2014 Impala is indeed a sculpted piece, if a bit rumpalicious. (The 2014 Impala rides on the same front-drive platform as the Cadillac XTS, a car that also features a long rear overhang.) There are some overtones of Infiniti M in the rear quarter and the front end bears a slight resemblance to that of the pre-refresh Volkswagen CC—not bad company, by any means—and the car is many times more attractive than the anodyne outgoing model.
A Camaro-esque grille and headlamps have been employed; on LTZ models, the lights are upgraded to HID units with accompanying LED daytime running lights. Chrome is kept to a minimum, but it’s used to good effect framing the windows and punctuating the scallop on the lower body side. Base LS models will come standard with 18-inch wheels, while 19- and 20-inchers will be available on LT and LTZ versions. The familiar running-impala logo takes up residence on the C-pillar.
Material Proof
The interior features Chevy’s dual-cockpit layout, as well as premium materials such as perforated leather and faux suede; ambient lighting and a French-stitched dashtop and IP cowl are among the options. The swanky atmosphere will be augmented by what should be a quieter cabin: Chevy says it fairly slathered the car with sound-deadening materials, and four-cylinder models have active noise cancellation via the audio system. The instrument cluster gets a 4.2-inch driver-configurable color screen that can display various infotainment and vehicle data. Chevy’s latest iteration of MyLink is available, featuring an eight-inch touch-screen in the center stack that flips up to reveal a concealed storage bin.
<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

The new Impala can be fitted with a host of driver-assistance tech, some of which are firsts for Chevrolet. The list includes full-speed-range adaptive cruise control, collision-mitigating automatic braking, lane-departure alert, blind-spot alert, forward collision alert, and rear cross-traffic alert. (We recently sampled GM’s versions of these technologies as fitted to a Cadillac SRX; the Impala’s nannies should function similarly, as they’re also destined for its XTS platform mate.)
Two Fours and a Six
The engine lineup has three naturally aspirated, direct-injected suspects: a carry-over 3.6-liter V-6—the only engine available in the outgoing car—a 2.5-liter four, and an eAssisted 2.4-liter four. The six now makes three additional horsepower and two more lb-ft of torque (for totals of 303 and 264), while the 2.5 delivers 195 hp and 187 lb-ft of torque. The 2.4-liter and its mild-hybrid setup are good for 182 hp and 172 lb-ft. In V-6 trim, the new car weighs roughly 150 pounds more than the previous one, so don’t expect six-pot mileage to move up from the previous 18 mpg city/30 highway. The other engines will be more miserly: Chevy says the eAssist will get 35 mpg on the highway. All three engines will hook to a six-speed automatic.
<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Pricing has yet to be announced; expect base pricing to stay near the current model’s $26,585 when the new Impala hits showroom floors in early 2013. View Photo Gallery
<NAV class=mod>PHOTOS (18)

Old 04-04-2012, 05:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

ugh, really getting tired of all these 6 cyl. Cars getting all this horsepower with no torque to back em up. Some guy in a 6cyl charger at work boasts all the time how he has 292HP and can 'smoke' a lot of 8 cyl. I wanna smack him, dude, you only have 260 ft/lbs of torque!! GAH!

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala