Monte Carlo Forums

Go Back   Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Trader Rating:(0)
xxtheshockerxx theshocker75
Default 2014 Impala

what do you think of the first look?

2014 Chevrolet Impala Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver

My Youtube Channel
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 AM

=[

they don't make em like they used too

2005 LT FULLY LOADED
Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014

Devin Galler MnteCrloss47

... It looks like an import, a kia or something. Cars are going downhill fast
Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013

Trader Rating:(1)
kmaher93 Keane_Maher Leprechaun_93

Got excited when i saw this thread. But i honestly dont know what to make of it Im just completely undecided if i like it or not. Doesn't seem like an american car to me. I do like the front, it doesn't have a huge honeycomb grille like alot of the cars now. And IMO i think it would make a pretty decent 2 door, catch my drift?

2004 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS ~ 81k miles | 1997 Monte Carlo LS ~171k miles SOLD | 1989 Plymouth Horizon ~ 44k original miles
2014 Dodge Dart GT | 2008 Buick Lacrosse Super
Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 AM

The new Impala is probably going to be competant transportation but it is uninspiring. Nothing to really differentiate it from a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or half a dozen others.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:01 AM
1 Year Member

i like the interior, the exterior is generic to say the least, but i don't dislike it... much. is that even a w-body anymore?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

trewyn15 trewyn15 red04montels trewyn15
Send a message via AIM to red04montels Send a message via MSN to red04montels Send a message via Skype™ to red04montels

It looks pretty damn good, not like an Impala though

EDIT:

Nevermind....

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:23 AM

Was the previous generation really that unique? I call BS on that. That's one of my BIGGEST knocks on the 06-07 Monte and has always been one of my big knocks on the Impala. Looks far too generic compared to the earlier ones.

73 Camaro Z28
78 Camaro
93 Suburban
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Banned from Facebook Banned Empty Space They won't let me play anymore Revoked X-Rated

Thanks `Zach for finding/posting/sharing

I think it will be a great family/fleet & police ride...
I see shades of Buick in the DeSign.

It's not my type of ride, but if my boss gave me one to drive (?), I'd be happy to drive it. A 3.6L (303 HP)..I will rent one & take it 2 the track & see how it performs

Official Photos and Info
arrow<HGROUP>2014 Chevrolet Impala

This one just may move away from the rental lot.

</HGROUP></HEADER><TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Dare we say it? For the first time in a while, Chevrolet has created an Impala that might excite someone other than fleet purchasing agents.
The 10th generation of one of autodom’s most familiar nameplates, the 2014 Impala is indeed a sculpted piece, if a bit rumpalicious. (The 2014 Impala rides on the same front-drive platform as the Cadillac XTS, a car that also features a long rear overhang.) There are some overtones of Infiniti M in the rear quarter and the front end bears a slight resemblance to that of the pre-refresh Volkswagen CC—not bad company, by any means—and the car is many times more attractive than the anodyne outgoing model.
A Camaro-esque grille and headlamps have been employed; on LTZ models, the lights are upgraded to HID units with accompanying LED daytime running lights. Chrome is kept to a minimum, but it’s used to good effect framing the windows and punctuating the scallop on the lower body side. Base LS models will come standard with 18-inch wheels, while 19- and 20-inchers will be available on LT and LTZ versions. The familiar running-impala logo takes up residence on the C-pillar.
Material Proof
The interior features Chevy’s dual-cockpit layout, as well as premium materials such as perforated leather and faux suede; ambient lighting and a French-stitched dashtop and IP cowl are among the options. The swanky atmosphere will be augmented by what should be a quieter cabin: Chevy says it fairly slathered the car with sound-deadening materials, and four-cylinder models have active noise cancellation via the audio system. The instrument cluster gets a 4.2-inch driver-configurable color screen that can display various infotainment and vehicle data. Chevy’s latest iteration of MyLink is available, featuring an eight-inch touch-screen in the center stack that flips up to reveal a concealed storage bin.
<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

The new Impala can be fitted with a host of driver-assistance tech, some of which are firsts for Chevrolet. The list includes full-speed-range adaptive cruise control, collision-mitigating automatic braking, lane-departure alert, blind-spot alert, forward collision alert, and rear cross-traffic alert. (We recently sampled GM’s versions of these technologies as fitted to a Cadillac SRX; the Impala’s nannies should function similarly, as they’re also destined for its XTS platform mate.)
Two Fours and a Six
The engine lineup has three naturally aspirated, direct-injected suspects: a carry-over 3.6-liter V-6—the only engine available in the outgoing car—a 2.5-liter four, and an eAssisted 2.4-liter four. The six now makes three additional horsepower and two more lb-ft of torque (for totals of 303 and 264), while the 2.5 delivers 195 hp and 187 lb-ft of torque. The 2.4-liter and its mild-hybrid setup are good for 182 hp and 172 lb-ft. In V-6 trim, the new car weighs roughly 150 pounds more than the previous one, so don’t expect six-pot mileage to move up from the previous 18 mpg city/30 highway. The other engines will be more miserly: Chevy says the eAssist will get 35 mpg on the highway. All three engines will hook to a six-speed automatic.
<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Pricing has yet to be announced; expect base pricing to stay near the current model’s $26,585 when the new Impala hits showroom floors in early 2013. View Photo Gallery
<NAV class=mod>PHOTOS (18)
Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014

Devin Galler MnteCrloss47

ugh, really getting tired of all these 6 cyl. Cars getting all this horsepower with no torque to back em up. Some guy in a 6cyl charger at work boasts all the time how he has 292HP and can 'smoke' a lot of 8 cyl. I wanna smack him, dude, you only have 260 ft/lbs of torque!! GAH!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 AM

Tags
2012, 2014, 2014impala, car, carlo, chevrolet, chevy, driver, impala, kia, monte, pics, pictures, red, ss