Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you happy where you live ?
Yes, I'm happy where I'm living & I'll post why
53.33%
No, I'm not happy where I'm living & will post where I'd like to live
46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

~> Do you like where you live ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question ~> Do you like where you live ?

Below is where I'd love 2 live 4-Sure
It's a `Space Dream

It has it's own Drag Strip or Runway

==============================
If I hit the Powerball Lotto & buy it I will have
a MCF ReUnion Party there

"2 dare 2 dream in SpaceVision"

Acquisition
The fact that the island has a private airstrip adds significant value to the island since it is highly unlikely that permission would be granted today for the creation of a new airstrip on a privately owned island. Whale Cay Group limited is a Bahamian registered corporation which owns approximately 93% of the Island.
There may also be the possibility to purchase a smaller ‘parcel’ of the island or a possible JV development opportunity with the current owners.
Great Whale Cay, Bahamas

The Island
Great Whale Cay in the Bahamas is a (whale tail) shaped Island and is one of the largest and most scenic in the collection of islands known as The Berry Islands. It comprises 850 acres, a 4000’ paved runway, and some of the best beaches in the Bahamas. The island is a tropical paradise with a number of rare species of flora and fauna. It is also a Mecca for water sports, diving and sports fishing. The island is one of the closest to the mainland USA and is just one hundred and fifty miles east of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The island includes: 850 acre

Member's, Where would you like to live your life ?
Post & let us know `OK...Remember "Dreams are still `Free", but our government is trying to find a way to tax them"
Are you happy where you are living ?
Post & Vote above...^
Thanks for `Dream'in with me...
Your turn 2 post & share

Peace/Happiness
from

Last edited by Space; 04-30-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM

Switzerland. I've been there a handful of times and it is by far the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

That or France, I'd feel pretty comfortable over there too. Not too many car fanatics out there though I don't think....

Old 04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Im happy where i live, though when i was in high school i always heard how everyone hated it here so heres my explanation as to why i like it. Was a facebook status long ago.

"Sometimes i wonder why people hate this area we live in. Your not far from one of the busiest most popular cities in the world. You can be in 3 different states with in 1 hour. You get to experience all 4 seasons. Travel 1 hour north and you can be in the mountains away from everyone. Some of the scenery around here is quite nice. IMO its a great area to live in. "Like" if you agree, comment if you dont"

Old 04-30-2012, 03:42 PM

I don't really like working in Windsor not many jobs at all terrible drivers... not much potential to move up in my career.

Where I'd like to live is in England where the rest of my family lives it's so beautiful where they are as well.

This is my grandmas backyard

Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

oh Hell NO ! I'd rather live in Arizona then here. Not that Minn is bad. But the weather is awful. In the winter it gets down to -18 for weeks. Yeah I know Justin not his yr. Then in the Summer all 30 days of it. its either too damn Humid or it Thunderstorms season.. Hell the damn Mosquito's are is big as Bubble bee's here! So what's to like. ONLY reason I'm here is my family is here. 2 daughter's and 3 grand kids. And 4 grand kids in Fargo. BUT!! One of these days believe me. I'm out of here Back to AZ for the winter months then travel from state to state. Till its time to go back to AZ. I've got plenty of friends here but that only goes so far.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Not that Minn is bad.

Oh you!

It's okay, I kept telling that to myself too while I was still up there. It eases the suffering a bit. :p

Only justifiable part of being up there is the beautiful autumns we had. Not in the cities though, but I remember traveling a couple hours to see the leaves and it was definitely a sight to see.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Oh you!

It's okay, I kept telling that to myself too while I was still up there. It eases the suffering a bit. :p

Only justifiable part of being up there is the beautiful autumns we had. Not in the cities though, but I remember traveling a couple hours to see the leaves and it was definitely a sight to see.
Yeah your right Autum is really nice up here. Only last a week then turns into winter over night Where did you live up here ?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love Michigan. A lot of people say they don't like it here, and I heard classmates say it all the time back in high school also. Where else can you be North of Canada? Live within an hour of one of the best sports towns in the country. My favorite getaway is going up North. Northern Michigan is beautiful during the summer, as well as in the winter if you like snowmobiling, etc. More than 11,000 inland lakes for water sports and fishing, while bordering the most Great Lakes of any state with the longest freshwater shoreline in the world. You can stand anywhere in the state and be within 85 miles of one of the Great Lakes. Absolutely love the water and lake life here.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM

i love where i live, washington state. 20 min to the woods and have miles of timber lands to explore and 2 hours from the pacific ocean. i live in a smaller town but its still very nice.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I love Michigan. Where else can you be North of Canada?
You could always go to Alaska haha

Quick Reply: ~> Do you like where you live ?