Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`SpaceBox Sold : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default `SpaceBox Sold : )

[align=center]SpaceBox sold yesterday for Top $[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was able to pay my grandfather back (Feels Good: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mydream Monte is still a 06-07 V8 SS, but I am going to wait to I [/align][align=center]finish school, and my high risk insurance is removed.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Now, I will be searching for a 4th Generation that I can afford.[/align][align=center]I have several that I have located here in Florida, but the one[/align][align=center]below is the one that I am really interested in, and hope to meet[/align][align=center]with the owner soon.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Vehicle Description[/align][align=center]1983 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS V-8, First year,[/align][align=center]and very rare with a total of only4,712 units produced.[/align][align=center]The most desired Monte Carlo SS. [/align][align=center]There are few remaining in excellent original condition like this one. [/align][align=center]A pleasure to drive and drives as good as it looks.[/align][align=center]Engine, and TransPro/rebuilt. PS, PW, Tilt, Auto, Cold A/C.[/align][align=center]It is in Showroom Condition.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sure looks like a SpaceRide [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The interior is Awesome (Only mod is upgraded SuperSounding Sound System [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really like this one, and I think I can get a great price on it [8D][/align][align=center]I would still have $ to maintain, and update[/align][align=center](+ get a new `puter : ) & still have change : )[/align][align=center]My life, and rides are in constant change : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Let me know what you think of `it....OK[/align][align=center]I am really/really X-Cited ->4-Sure : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][:-]Bums & `Space Happy Dance
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/1B3A49918B644930B9D3E351B4E783CA.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-13-2008, 05:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
Default RE: `SpaceBox Sold : )

GLAD to hear you sold the BOX, and come out ahead on the deal! The Monte youre looking at looks like one FINE ride, and as long as the price is fair, you surely can't go wrong on it! At 25 years old, the value of it is going up. You might even be able to drive it and then sell it for more than you paid, when the time comes. Good decision Space!

Old 09-13-2008, 05:54 AM

[align=center]Hi `Wayne,[/align][align=center]Thank you for your post, and words. I respect your[/align][align=center]wisdom, and yourexperience with automobiles4-Sure.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My life has been like a roller coaster, with a lot of `ups & downs.[/align][align=center]I like the `ups better : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have several 4th Gen`sto look at, but the above if the best that I[/align][align=center]have found. I have been doing a lot of research/homework[/align][align=center]on several Monte`s. If the owner accepts my offer,[/align][align=center]then the above will be mine : ) WoW[/align][align=center]Thanks again, from the `kid[/align]

Old 09-13-2008, 07:34 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good luck Space, it looks like one awesome ride. I'm glad you got top dollar for your Honda!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Wow space, you sure turned over a quick profit from your pizza box. Good luck on your monte hunt. I really like the SS you have pictured above. Looks like a sweet ride for sure. Lets hope it becomes the newest space ride. Good luck.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 AM

Congrats on turning a quick profit. The SS looks great. Hopefully you will get it. Always remember we are not defined by the good times, but by who we are in the bad. Those downs are invaluable in teaching you how to survive and about who you really are. I also went through severe ups and downs. I wouldn't change it because that is what made me who I am.

[sm=alien.gif]

Old 09-13-2008, 09:10 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey 'Space.. thats a nice looking ride, but consider this.....

You claim your dream is an 06-07 V8 SS. I say you waiti t out a little while if possible and get what you want. If what you wanted was the 80's SS (in which case the one posted looks great) then by all means I'd jump on it. But my father taught me when I was looking at Monte Carlo's, amongst a couple of other cars: wiat nad get what you want. Don't settle. You'll know hte right car when you see it.

I'm not an expert on Monte Carlo's and there prices, but I'd say the only reason the Monte Carlo is going up in price right now, atleast part of it, is probably due to inflation. So although you'll have sold it for more than you bought it for, the reason is really due to inflation. Of course the 06 and 07's and deflating due to their age , so you might get ahead, but these are just my thoughts.

Good luck in your ride hunts, and may you get what you really want, and not settle for less

Old 09-13-2008, 09:43 AM

[align=center]Hi `Todd,[/align][align=center]Our own MCF `Teacher : )[/align][align=center]Thanks you for your time, and words.[/align][align=center]You advise, like my mentor/grandfather, and `yes I[/align][align=center]am learning from my `bad mistakes in life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Some bad lessons can really be expensive, for sure : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My g/p says the bad times, makes the good times, all [/align][align=center]the better when they return : ) [/align][align=center]The longer I travel my `journey of life, I find out how[/align][align=center]wise my grandfather has been in his teachings to me,[/align][align=center]and the bum`s.[/align][align=center]I`m a slow learner zometimes, `ok many times : )[/align][align=center]_______________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]CowBoy `Duane,[/align][align=center]Thank you for sharing your advise, and thoughts.[/align][align=center]I appreciate your input.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What I really would love to have is a new ZR1 Corvette,[/align][align=center]but that is a unrealistic dream for me, 4now.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I do love the 06-07 Monte SS, and I think I could get one,[/align][align=center]but the car would own me with high payments & highinsurance[/align][align=center]cost. I have decided to wait until I finish school, and my[/align][align=center]high risk is `off my insurance policy.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love the 4th Gen Monte Carlo SS, and they are way[/align][align=center]less expensive then the 06-07. Plus, `if I buy the right one,[/align][align=center]and don`t thrash it : ) It should retain decent value for[/align][align=center]when life is better, and I am more settled.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Bums, & I keep our rides in super condition, and[/align][align=center]we leave our abusing to the Go-Kart tracks, or[/align][align=center]Jet Skies, when we can afford to rent them : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have about 5 Montes to look at, but I love the one[/align][align=center]I posted, and it would make me very `happy, and[/align][align=center]I would be thankful to own a paid for Monte : )[/align][align=center]Plus, it`s RWD, and not to bad on fuel.[/align][align=center]"Good things come to those that wait, those that plan,[/align][align=center]those that are willing to give `up to get what they dream of : ),[/align][align=center]I shall continue to Dream, to Plan, to work, and[/align][align=center]be thankful to be `free to be, and work towards my dreams.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Duane/Members[/align][align=center]Mayall your dreams come true.[/align][align=center]`Amen[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]p.s. Thanks Matt, Amy & members for your words.[/align]

Old 09-13-2008, 11:59 AM
rj
15 Year Member

SSuper looking '83 SS Monte SSpace. I never knew the '83s were rare? They may havebeen the very first year of SS for that body style, but definately NOT the very first SS Monte ever produced or sold. That was back in the early 1970s as all of us know. And.......... a key point I'd bring up when dealing with the seller of this fine SS Monte.

Wonder how many '83 SS Montes Mike from Mike's Montes parted over the years? Ah to be rich enough to do that. Course we all know Mike would not have parted out a single Monte Carlo if there weren't some profit in it.

Anyway, hoe you get this SSuper looking Monte to park in your drive.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM

That is a beautiful 83, I hope you get it!!!!! My friend had one back in the day, if you'd just tap the accelerator, you were in another state.

Quick Reply: `SpaceBox Sold : )