turn signal issue - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Default turn signal issue

2003 monty SS message states high beam light out, but it is not out, replaced both just in case, no change. using turn signal lights flash rapidly. i replaced the multi function switch, also no change.
one more thing, this issue started after not using my fog lights for many years I tried it, after that the issue started, note if fog lights are on I have no turn signals.

ok, just replaced the fog, headlight & multifunction switch. turn signals still blink fast and still getting message high beam out, I replaced all the bulbs. note: when I put the fog lights on, I have no turn signals. when the fog lights are off, fog light switch flashes when turn signals are used.running out of ideas. HELP

Last edited by admjr53; 01-10-2017 at 03:32 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

You might have two differrent problems.

1. Fast blinking turn signals are usually a symptom of a bad hazard switch. The flasher unit is in it.

2. First scan for codes related to headlamps or foglamps. They start with a "B".
My gut says this is a poor headlamp or foglamp circuit ground problem, but could also be the headlamp or foglamp relay. Try removing one or the other and check for differences, then swap places with them (I believe they're the same).
Old 01-11-2017, 06:47 PM

thanks. ya, have changed multifunction, headlight and fog switches, hazard will be next. also because my headlights are always on, want to replace the DRL ambient light sensor but every parts web site I go to nothing is listed or the one they list stated 2005-2007 so not sure what to get. as for the hazard the part number I will order is:ACDelco 10359032. the only part number I can find (but not sure if one for a 2005-2007 will work) is:12450120. one more thing I noticed was when the turn signals are on, the light in the fog light button also flashes. I need to keep this car, so I do not mind fixing it, just wish I could find the damn issue. all this started when I used the fog lights after many years of not using them. this is very frustrating, the dealers are no help, they are guessing, at the rate of pay they get, i'll do it myself.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Ya , definitly some kind of a link there, either the Hazard switch or relay.
Rock auto says this is the ACDelco Hazard switch: ACDELCO 10359032 GM OEM $30.79

The ambient light sensor is the same for '99-'07': GM AUTO HEADLIGHT AMBIENT LIGHT SENSOR ON TOP OF DASH NEW OEM 1999-2007 12450120 | eBay