New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Thinking about buying a new vehicle....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Default Thinking about buying a new vehicle....

Hello everyone,
I am in the market for a new car and I am chatting with different people from different forums to get a good feel for my next vehicle. I buy a new car a 5-6 years and do a lot of research because I dont want to make a bad decision (and then be stuck with it for 5+ years!) A teacher buddy of mine bought one and he loves it...any one else have one? Can you tell me the pros and cons of owning a Monte Carlo...thx!

Old 01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Default RE: Thinking about buying a new vehicle....

Hey Trader,

Welcome to the forum!!

I own a 2003 SS that I have owned for a little over one year, and I can truly say I love it to this day. My only regret is that I did not hold out for the supercharged version. It's worth the additional $5K. Oh yeah, and that I did not get the Comp Yellow one too. Oh well, maybe next time. But seriously, I have had little to no trouble out of mine and it rides just as nice today as it did the day I got it. It's by far been the best car I have ever owned.

TVW

Old 01-11-2005, 04:23 AM

I have to admit it is a nice looking car. I am tall so I want something that is more comfortable but Lexus level is too expensive and probably doesnt give any more features than a MC. I think it may be time for a test drive!

BTW, your rotating photos is a sweet addition! How you do that?? lol

Old 01-11-2005, 10:42 AM

Hey Trader,

Thanks..... I have a GIF animation program. PM me with a private e-mail and I will send you a link.

Leg room is plenty with the MC. I am 5'9" and have way more leg room than I need. I think you will find the ride very nice. I am not so sure about it having all the creature comforts of a Lexus, but you can get them fairly loaded. Then of course there is a huge selection of aftermarket stuff to play with. Trust me, go supercharged. Also, this is the last year to buy the current body style, I am not real happy with the look of the new 2006 models.

TVW

Old 01-11-2005, 10:14 PM

I was a die-hard sports car fan...then i bought a 2004 Supercharged ss (comp yellow). WOW! This car is the best driving car i have ever owned. Heated seats/mirrors, Leather, dual climate control,ect ect. I strongly urge you to at least go test drive one.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:05 AM

Well I am new to the forum, but the 2005 supercharged version is defintely worth the money more than the others.
Plus, I work at a Chevy dealership so I got it even cheaper but they had $2500 worth of rebates at the dealer. I think it runs until March 31. The selling point is the supercharger bumping hp to 240 plus sunroof, leather, htd seats, etc. Its like a regular car with camaro or mustang performance. And from a V-6 that economizes at an amazing 19 city and 28 highway

Old 03-23-2005, 06:56 PM

Thanks for your input... I am hoping to go test driving this weekend. I do like the torque of a V-6 !

Old 06-07-2005, 03:41 AM

05 LT owner here, completely satisfied, i bought the car # 1 because of the 3800 engine,the great gas milage,then the looks

Old 06-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

o5 monte ss (it says lt but thats because they have the supercharger now) fully loaded i have more than enough room and im 6'2" and i still dont have my seat all the way back. the heated seats are worth it and i live in texas so even the few times i used them they were great. the trunk is huge and the sound system is amazing and not that many people have them so you kind of stand out which i consider a good thing

Old 06-07-2005, 04:24 PM

i also own a 03 SS and you could not pry the keys out of my cold dead hands for it. I love the car. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room i have taken the car from AL. To Co. and also to Ne, with not a problem, I have IT here n Germany with me and it runs great down the auto bond and has gone on several trips around here at over 80mph pulse for extended amounts of times and it is ruining as good today as it did the day i picked it up.

One think i would suggest is to change the oil to full synthetic I used Mobil 1 in-part after taking to techs and finding out it comes from the factory in the corvettes, Figure if they can put it in a vett and trust it then it should be fie in my Monte Carlo.

Also one more thing to get for i is the K&N filter or something like it as it will help protect the motor better.

I have plenty of trunk room and rear seats have good amount of leg room for those passengers if they are of a average size,

If i was looking for another car right now i would defiantly go with the SS supper charged version for a few reasons . But the more obvious is they have more power then the version with out.
also they are fully loaded so you can get all the toys with it, I wish mine had the heated seats but i have remedy ed that problem since i have been here int eh cold air.

Good luck with your choice
One other thing i would warn against with the Monte Carlos is don't get white unless you have plenty of time to keep bugs off of it . they look terrible with them on the front end

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a new vehicle....