New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

SS won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Exclamation SS won't start

Hey good afternoon,
I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. I put a brand new GOLD battery in there about 2 weeks ago. The car had been running great with no problems, besides sometimes my driver side window will go up by itself and won't immediately let me control it to put it back down. I went out the other night to start it up and it wouldn't start. I connected it to a jumper machine I have, the lights come on, the radio comes on but as soon as I try to start it nothing happens and then my key gets stuck in the ignition. The only way I can get my key out is with it connected to the jumper. Any ideas on what might be causing this!!??

Old 03-21-2017, 12:59 PM

I would look over your cars Electrical. Sounds like you have a short. I would I am sure it was done, However I would clean the battery cables, Check over all grounds that are around the BCM and everywhere you can see a ground splice area that is mounted to ground and ensure they are tight and clean.

Has there been any aftermarket stuff added? LEDs? anything that is within the month or few of this problem starting?

If you have a DVOM/DMM you may need to do some testing for shorts.

James

Old 03-21-2017, 01:23 PM

Thanks for the information. I'll check that out and there has been no aftermarket parts added.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:46 PM

Sorry I also forgot to add that you should also look in the wiring area of your door as well. it could be that your short or Draw is caused by a short in your doors wiring for your window. I know key off no more window power however if there is more then 1 wire that is broke open it could be shorting out on something that does stay on for longer. LIke lock power wire is one... So it could be an issue inside the door harness wiring. I have seen things like this many times.

Sorry it is hard to know what the issue is without car being present. Hope this helps some

James