New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Pass lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:46 AM
Default Pass lock issues

Hi, I am new to this group. I have read a lot about the pass lock issues, well my 2001 Monte Carlo has this issue. My car cranks but will not start. The security light comes on and will not go off, I have tired the 10 min reset light still stays on. So now I will try the bypass method. I am getting a 1689 ohm reading so I am assuming I need to get a close to that as possible? Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Old 03-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2017

Welcome, Stormy!

I had a similar issue where it seemed to show it was the security system being the issue, when in fact it was the Fuel Pressure Regulator. I'll post my response from another thread:

Originally Posted by 04MonteCarloLS
Something similar happened to me about a year ago. Here's what I found out.

I was driving home when the car started to act weird. I continued to drive and finally the engine cut out. I tried starting it 2 times with no luck. Thankfully, no one was on the road.

A buddy of mine came by and tried starting it, and it ended up starting. I drove it home. The next day, I tried to start it with no luck until the 3rd or 4th time. I decided to take it to a mechanic, who found the problem. It turned out to be the Fuel Pressure Regulator leaking gasoline and not keeping a vacuum seal. Once he replaced that, I never had the issue again.

Try seeing if that's the issue.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello everyone I made this page today for one reason to help Monte Carlo I have one to a 2001 L's and my security locks dam near almost all the time in the winter but GM advice doesn't help what I recommend you do is get in the car lock the doors put key ignition turn key on or to acc I mostly have it on turn radio off hold the volume button in for about five to ten seconds until setting pop up then push the arrow key until you find a unlock press the arrow on it then press the volume button turn it off then turn radion on turn car off then start the car if don't work go back to see if you did it right it should say unlock all 1 press volume and try that method trust me its either on or the other I does it for fun just to know my car you welcomes I hope you get to work safely and home to your family