New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newb here..another 5th gen- now w/ mod list and pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:53 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Newb here..another 5th gen- now w/ mod list and pics

Hey everyone- I've lurked here for a little bit reading various posts,just figured I'd join up.

The car is just a 96 monte LS, with just a few mods

Old 02-03-2008, 02:22 AM
Default RE: Newb here..... another 5th gen

welcome to the forums dude. good to see another 5th gen

Old 02-03-2008, 11:04 AM

Hi Bumpin 96 (no name in your profile),
& Welcome to the MCF.
Glad you came in from the cold : ) & signed `up.
We hope you post pic's, & tell us what mod's you have
already done + plus, what you are dreaming of doing.
Look forward to your future posts.
`Space

Old 02-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Welcome bumpin96monte.

As you probably already seen, we've gotten quite a few 5th gens signing up recently. Plus the 5th gen members we already had. The 5th gens seem to be quickly out numbering the 6th gens. lol.

It's never "just" a 96 Monte. You don't have to do all kinds of mods to be here. We're all interested in what you have to say. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:17 PM
15 Year Member

[align=center]We hope you post pic's, & tell us what mod's you have[/align][align=center]already done + plus, what you are dreaming of doing.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I'll get some pics up sometime soon, I've been having trouble w/ my photobucket lately so I'm trying to get it cleared up.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]As for mods.... um a lot?The engine is an L67 balanced with 9.5:1 forged pistons, IS3 blower cam, 1.7:1 rockers, zzp S4 heads, 4t65hd, etc etc. I've got a 2.3L whipple with all the adaptors that is going on this summer.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]The sound system used to be a lot of fiberglass, but I've scaled it back quite a bit lately. Now I'm down to just fiberglass door panels each with a pair of 6.5"s, a fiberglass rear deck w/ speaker pods and an amp rack, and a fiberglass center console piece w/ a tv. I'm working on finishing up my fiberglass cover for inside the trunk lid- it has mounts for 2-6.5"s and a large blue mirror plexi bowtie in the middle. For subs, its two 12"s in a ported box- did a 158.6 dB on an audiocontrol mic, 153.8 dB on a termlab mic.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]For appearance it has the BK1 body kit (still need to finish fitting the side skirts and paint them), 18" chrome focal wheels with 245 BFG KDW2's, the dominator cowl hood (still needs finished and painted as well).[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Suspension wise its R1 DS rotors all around w/ ebc red stuff pads- back is a rear disk swap (it came with drums) with the full BMR kit, F/R STB's, and Held coilovers in the rear (still need to buy fronts).[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I skipped a lot of stuff, but thats the main points. Dreams are to get the body work finished, buy and IC and install that and the whipple, and to get the front Held coilovers. I'd also like to do something inside my trunk to make it look nicer- I'm thinking about glassing some side panels and making a false front for the box to make it look nicer (its currently just 3/4" MDF sprayed with what is basically trunk bedliner to reduce resonance).[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=left]
As you probably already seen, we've gotten quite a few 5th gens signing up recently. Plus the 5th gen members we already had. The 5th gens seem to be quickly out numbering the 6th gens.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Thats part of the reason I joined. I've came to this forum a few times in the past and it always seemed likea 6th gen site. Lately, I've seen a lot more 5th gen guys posting, so I decided to sign up.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I can't wait for nice weather again- I'm rocking the DD's until then.[/align]

Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 AM

Nice, the car sounds sick [sm=smiley20.gif], can't wait to see the pics.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
15 Year Member

Just a little teaser pic: (the SS in the windshield is now gone)

Thats with the back end cranked up to maybe a 2" drop (I had it layed out in the garage). The side skirts still need painted as does the dominator hood (not pictured).

Also in the pic is my 99 gtp (the red one on the right), and my old 00 impala- the maroon one behind the basket ball hoop; now I've got an 03 thats silver/bronze.

And here's an older one: (back when I had stripes and ugly painted brake calipers)

Old 02-07-2008, 02:45 PM

i'm curious where you picked up that body kit. i really like the front fascia. can't wait to see the rear. even if it's all unpainted. and i'm curious about the dominator hood you speak of

Old 02-07-2008, 03:30 PM

wow i likeit alot and i saw picks of ur whipple over on mymonte...nice!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: couch

i'm curious where you picked up that body kit. i really like the front fascia. can't wait to see the rear. even if it's all unpainted. and i'm curious about the dominator hood you speak of

Body kit:

http://www.bodykits.org/cart/view_pr...php?ItemID=120

Its the only 'real' body kit made for 5th gen montes. All the other 'kits' are clip on ground effects (ie razzi, rk, etc).

I'm not in love with the kit- its ok, the back is a tad ricey for my taste- but its all fiberglass, so its not hard to change.

Pick of the back: (I shaved the license plate holder- it normally comes with one)

Also, this was before I buffed and waxed the car. I used to have two blue stripes run down the car- but had removed them just before this picture was taken- thats why you can still see some remnant and two different colors on the back panel and trunk.

As for the hood- here's a better shot of it:

Obviously thats an older pic when I still had the stripes and such. Also- I have since removed that metal front bumper- ground all the rust spots down, and repainted it flat black (you can see it from under the hood, and it does hang ~1/2" down into the lower opening of the body kit).

Here's the link to the hood:

http://www.carhoods.com/HoodPages/PF-540.htm

Quick Reply: Newb here..another 5th gen- now w/ mod list and pics