New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

My name is Roger (ak.a. Major Pain) to my wife.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Cool My name is Roger (ak.a. Major Pain) to my wife.

[I] I am a retired Marine Corps Officer, rhus my wife's name for me. I call her "the Gunny". I just turned 75 years old Feb. 23d and I still do 50 Navy Seal push-ups for sanity. My ownership of a 2002 Monte Carlo is an interesting story. My stepson is disabled and we were looking for a used car for him. AFter leaving the dealership undecided, I went home to have a Happy Hour, a.k.a. a Nap, Shortly after laying down...an inner voice "Sky 6" said boldly....get up and buy the Monte Carlo. The Divine Order proved to be very helpful......even though the car had hail damage (slightly), I LOVE MY MONTE!
My past work experiences also includes 25 years as Director Security in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Now I am fully Retired, however I have many "honey-do's from the Gunny! I am 40% disabled from Viet Nam's agent orange, my wife is disabled and my stepson is disabled. Thus "I have daily character building" challenges to keep this Marine humbled! I enjoy walking my two "Rescue dogs - - Happy and Bruno on daily walks in the woods while hunting poisonous snakes with my spear and walking stick.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Welcome to the MCF. thank you for your service my friend. Now it's like a Heart Break Ridge I have a few friends that fight the Agent Orange battle. Stay safe!!

Old 03-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello Roger and Welcome to the MCF! Like DriverNumber3 remarked, Thank You for your service to our country. Being a USMC officer had to be very demanding, you have to be as tough as they come, still knocking out 50 Seal push ups out, heck yeah you still have it at 75 and going strong.

Wonderful you enjoy walks with your dogs, bet they get really excited when you pick up your spear and head for the door. Snake killer, always have to keep your eyes open for them, their bites are fugly.

Sweet you picked up a Monte, many people with limited mobility enjoy the Mont Carlo's with the extra long door openings, gives one room to swing their legs in from a sitting position etc. Glad you listened to your 06 actual and complied. Again, welcome aboard Marine...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 03-06-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome aboard Roger.

Thanks for staying true to the meaning of "semper fi" in every aspect to which the term applies. I salute you sir!

Old 03-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to MCF, Roger! Thank you for your service to our country as well...